Jordan Goodwin to Go Pro

8 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

So you are telling me Stu's tweet five hours above is wrong??????  And that the so-called best shooter out therNa'shon "Bones" Hyland is also not invited.   That's a lot of fake information out there.  Just WOW!

Bones will not be invited because he’s been invited to the actual NBA Combine. No players at the G-League combine have invites to the NBA combine. Bones is a higher regarded prospect than everybody on that list. 

BilliesBy40 likes this

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

When you look at all of the players vying for an opportunity, it seems clear that the NBA could be put under some competition. The Tournament is a good idea, but there could be more. Just need a Billionaire, or maybe someone who can fundraiser to just go out with a plan in 60 cities, to build teams. 

I don’t know about an outside competitor, but I think the G League could be a much bigger revenue generator if the league invested in it. But hyper-local revenue maximizing is the opposite of the NBA’s business model which is all about marketing a handful of stars to the entire globe.

AnkielBreakers likes this

On 5/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, HoosierPal said:

Jordan will do what  is best for Jordan, and I support whatever decision he makes.  He has been talking with the NBA scouts and with Coach Ford and will make the decision that is best for him.

Here are some other pieces of information I am sure he is already aware of.

There are 60 players drafted by NBA teams each season.  All first rounders get guaranteed contracts, and now most second rounders now get some money, perhaps just for one year.  Europe pays well.  To date, 23 players have been called up from the G League to the NBA. Some are on 10 day contracts, some are on two way deals.  So you are not buried if you are sent to the G League. 

The average age of an NBA rookie is around 20 years old.  Assuming Jordan was 18 when he entered SLU (or shortly thereafter turned 18), he would be nearing 22 now and nearing 23 a year from now.  That is old by NBA standards.  The average NBA career is 4.5 years. 

Yes 60 players get drafted but a new thing is top players that would normally get drafted in the early 2nd round are increasingly telling teams don't draft me unless you give me 1st round money.  The move is to create a bidding war and pick the best landing spot.  Heck some players are even telling teams to not draft them late in the first round unless they get lottery money.  It's a whole new world.

7 minutes ago, NH said:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1404908304262909952/photo/1

List of 60 guys invited to the NBA combine have been released. No surprise, but Jordan not on there (though personally I would much rather have Goodwin than several of the guys on this list). Only player I see with any A-10 connections is Bones Hyland.  

If you're a guard from a mid-major, you better shoot at least high 30s from three to get the benefit of the doubt.  Else, it's an uphill slog all the way.  

Hype video. If we all watch it 100 x, will his draft chances go up? Does he really have a 6’10” wingspan? If so, that might explain the rebounds. I looked at the second round talent on a mock draft and JG is head and shoulders better than most of the SG or PG options. I hope he gets a chance to be noticed.

Edit: the wingspan might explain how he is able to get the O-boards and easy put-backs on those boards.

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Hype video. If we all watch it 100 x, will his draft chances go up? Does he really have a 6’10” wingspan? If so, that might explain the rebounds. I looked at the second round talent on a mock draft and JG is head and shoulders better than most of the SG or PG options. I hope he gets a chance to be noticed.

Yes. His wingspan has always been a (positive) wild card in judging his NBA chances. Teams focus on it these days, following in Morey’s footsteps.

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Yes, and he has really big hands too.

I think the chances of Jordan getting drafted sailed given he wasn’t at the g-league combine and won’t be at the NBA combine. Unfortunately he’s not viewed by the league as a top 100 prospect by the league. 

Littlebill likes this

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:01 PM, AnkielBreakers said:

How much would Jordan Goodwin make in NIL dollars if he came back for one year, any guesses? When I think about local advertisers looking for a player, he would be the main one. Local kid, resurrected a program, team leader, etc. 

$5k

32 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-do the teams pay the travel costs?

Yes.

In a memo issued on March 26th of this year (2008), addressed to underclassmen considering testing the waters, the NCAA stated that You may tryout with an NBA team during the academic year if you are enrolled full-time as long as you do not miss class. You may receive actual and necessary expenses from the NBA team in conjunction with one 48-hour tryout per team. The 48-hour tryout period begins when you arrive at the tryout location. At the completion of the 48-hour period you must depart the location of the tryout immediately in order to receive transportation expenses. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/New-NCAA-Rule-Permits-NBA-Teams-to-Pay-for-Underclassmen-Workouts/ ©DraftExpress

29 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Someone is taking a shot on him in round 2.  You’re not going to tell me otherwise 

8AA6D18C-9DA5-4C7E-8522-0EE24BA8CEF6.png

I'm with you. I could see the Spurs jumping on him as he would fit their program well. Pop would tune up his shooting and have himself a gem.