Questions about upcoming season and the roster

Roster questions:

1.) Are we done with HS recruiting for '21 class?

2.) Do you think we're finished with the Portal? 

3.) If no to the above, what or who might we be looking for? 

4.) JGood, will he return or won't he? If he does what does that mean for the roster, ie will one or more of our wings enter the portal? 

5.) Has JNesbitt shown up on campus yet? If so, are he and Williams eligible for these spring practice sessions? My guess would be not unless they're actually enrolled. 

Season questions:

1.) How many OOC openings do we have if we have a 13 game schedule? I have us with Messphis, Auburn, BC, for P5's. Does Minn owe us a home game?  

2.) It's been like 5 years since we made a foreign summer trip, any plans to do so this year? 

3.) Still no word on any preseason tourney. I doubt they've all been filled, but any indications on where we might be looking? 

4.) In the A10, has VCU been helped the most by the Portal? 

Just to get some further discussion started. Since I've lost most of my interest in Pro Sports anymore, Billiken hoops is all I'm left with. 

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Roster questions:

1.) Are we done with HS recruiting for '21 class?

2.) Do you think we're finished with the Portal? 

3.) If no to the above, what or who might we be looking for? 

4.) JGood, will he return or won't he? If he does what does that mean for the roster, ie will one or more of our wings enter the portal? 

5.) Has JNesbitt shown up on campus yet? If so, are he and Williams eligible for these spring practice sessions? My guess would be not unless they're actually enrolled. 

Season questions:

1.) How many OOC openings do we have if we have a 13 game schedule? I have us with Messphis, Auburn, BC, for P5's. Does Minn owe us a home game?  

2.) It's been like 5 years since we made a foreign summer trip, any plans to do so this year? 

3.) Still no word on any preseason tourney. I doubt they've all been filled, but any indications on where we might be looking? 

Just to get some further discussion started. Since I've lost most of my interest in Pro Sports anymore, Billiken hoops is all I'm left with. 

Yes Williams and Nesbitt are with the team practicing.

id be shocked if we traveled this offseason with how covid concerns.

as of now i would hope the Myrtle beach inv is where we’re hoping to land. 

My answer to VCU and the transfer portal:  No.  Tsoshonis was originally a three-star recruit and Nichols a two-star recruit.  Tsoshonis will likely have the bigger shoes to fill what with Hyland going to the pros but I don't see it as a one-for-one trade.  Tsoshonis was Washington's fourth overall scorer.  You know th enumbers that need to be replaced with Hyland;s departure.  I don;t think Tsoshonis can do it.  Nichols wasn't much at Providence and at best, might be able to replace the loss of Douglas.  Bu Douglas didn't dso much either.  The key for VCU lies in their returning players.  Can Vince Williams and Jamir Watkins up their games?  Plus Jarren McAllister is back from injury.  McAllister had all sorts of physical hops before his ACL injury.  Let's see.  VCU might be better with addition by subtraction but they are not the winners of the A10 ransfer portal in my book.

Mason, Geedubya and Umass all did pretty well in the transfer portal.  So too did the Bonnies if for nothing else other than to replace Vasquez and Shaw on their small bench.  The guy I'll be most interested in seeing is Toumani Camara, the Georgia-to-Dayton transfer.  Camara had good numbers as an SEC regular.  He and Tsoshonis will be my first ones to watch next year.

And while I say that, let's remember a recent player of similar interest just two years ago, Chase Johnson from Florida-to-Dayton.  That didn't go so well as expected.

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think we should not do any foreign travel before this season.

Has there been talk about replacing, hopefully in a temporary basis, Stuen Ford for this coming season?

That’s not his name. If there’s talk you’d

see it here before you have to ask. 

17 hours ago, slu72 said:

Season questions:

The first link is an updated list of A10 transfers.  Keep in mind that the portal is still wide open.  Players have until July 1 to enter, and I don't believe there is a date whereby they have to have landed at a new school-when classes start?  So in my opinion, no need for final grades until late summer.  VCU certainly has a couple of nice signings, but Dayton has made a splash also particularly with Camara.  Who knows, maybe Fordham's transfers provide the biggest uplift for any A10 team.  Check back in January. 

And while Davidson hasn't done anything yet, the Wildcats still have three open roster spots, so they are far from done constructing their 2021-22 roster. 

https://www.a10talk.com/2021-atlantic-10-basketball-transfer-list/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgSo3xymzu43nF20xkXOkJ3ESDx8NPg1fen0PQ1fGuY/edit?hl=en_US&hl=en_US#gid=0

You can probably add SIUC to the OOC for next season, plus the Mountain West - A10 challenge.  I'm interested is seeing if the Challenge stays with the 2020-21 matchups, or reshuffles them.  I am not sure, but I don't think there is a return from the Gophers.  I believe we go to NCState in 2022-23.

Finally, here is a list of MTE's for this fall.  It shows an update on April 23.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2021/2/17/22287581/2021-22-mens-college-basketball-exempt-multi-team-events-mte-thanksgiving-early-season-tournaments