TV Question

slu72

Comcast just came out with an offer that would reduce my cable bill by around $100./mo. Problem is Comcast does not offer Fox Sports MW here. I also looked at Fox Sports Streaming service and they don't offer Fox Sports MW either (was a little surprised at that, since they do offer Fox Sports Ohio- go figure). I have ESPN+ thru Roku, so my question is if I switch and lost FSMW on Uverse, does ESPN+ carry the Fox Sports MW broadcasts? I don't believe they do, but we lost FSMW post covid due to what I'm thinking was conflicts with Blues games. FSMW didn't carry one Bills game after the Covid break, but I still got them all on ESPN+, NBCSN, and CBSSN. 

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Comcast just came out with an offer that would reduce my cable bill by around $100./mo. Problem is Comcast does not offer Fox Sports MW here. I also looked at Fox Sports Streaming service and they don't offer Fox Sports MW either (was a little surprised at that, since they do offer Fox Sports Ohio- go figure). I have ESPN+ thru Roku, so my question is if I switch and lost FSMW on Uverse, does ESPN+ carry the Fox Sports MW broadcasts? I don't believe they do, but we lost FSMW post covid due to what I'm thinking was conflicts with Blues games. FSMW didn't carry one Bills game after the Covid break, but I still got them all on ESPN+, NBCSN, and CBSSN. 

Yes, ESPN+ will carry all home games, including those on Bally Sports (formerly FSMW), except games on national networks outside the ESPN portfolio (CBSSN, USA Network, FS1, etc.).

Edited to avoid confusion.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I will make this easy for you. If you want Bally's Sports Midwest (name change from Fox Sports Midwest) you must have one of the following:

1) something owned by AT&T 

2) some cable outlets.

That's it.

So if you stream your only option is AT&T TV. The negative to that vs say You Tube TV etc...is price. $65 YouTube TV unlimited recording etc...In order to get something comparable from AT&T TV, you must spend $115 per month. I am including both recording monthly fee as well as the Golf Channel which is only on their highest tier. At minimum you could get Bally's Midwest for $85 a month without gold channel and with only 20 hours of recording.

In 2022 Sinclair will release its own Regional Sports app. It has already been delayed a year. Few places will deal with them. They offset subscriber losses with gambling money.

ESPN+ only carries ESPN Channels which include SEC Network ACC Network, etc...

Sinclair also owns Tennis Channel. So only places to get that are same as above.

40 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

NBCSN is getting out of the sports business. I don't remember which stations they are shuttling the sports contract.

They claim most sporting events will move to USA Network with some niche events going to Peacock TV. I expect most non-marquee games will move to Peacock TV Premium ($4.99/month) to drive viewers to their paid model. The end result will be another $5 per month for viewers like us. If you haven’t noticed already, the streaming model of content delivery is quickly becoming more expensive for sports fans.

cgeldmacher likes this

Every game that was listed on Fox Sports Midwest lasy year, I got on ESPN+.  I saw SIUE, LSU, UAPB, Central Arkansas, Indiana State, NC State, Minnesota and UMKC.  I saw every game in the A10 schedule but they alternated between NBC SN, CBS SN, and the ESPN channels.  So I saw every game this year.

I have Comcast (w/Sports Package) and ESPN+.  Peacock is currently free as well with Comcast.

17 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Every game that was listed on Fox Sports Midwest lasy year, I got on ESPN+.  I saw SIUE, LSU, UAPB, Central Arkansas, Indiana State, NC State, Minnesota and UMKC.  I saw every game in the A10 schedule but they alternated between NBC SN, CBS SN, and the ESPN channels.  So I saw every game this year.

I have Comcast (w/Sports Package) and ESPN+.  Peacock is currently free as well with Comcast.

I wonder if it would be different with blackout rules for someone who lives in a market that carries Bally's Sports MW?