SLU Baseball

There was an online article this weekend about Kolten Wong, Paul DeJong, and Tommy Edman and how they worked out together at SLU baseball. It referenced Darin Hendrickson throwing Cardinal Batting Practice for the past 25 years. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/camp-kolten-edman-got-a-jumpstart-at-second-watching-working-with-wong-dejong-last-summer/article_1097aa86-1c50-5869-bb9d-d233c027712b.html

slufanskip and Zink like this

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Utter nonsense. It's a joke, not even worth addressing. And now that I fuoking thinking about it, there's no actual proof that George Mason made an allegation, there's no proof that this guy even reached out to George Mason other than he says he did and they said no comment could be made, there's no proof of a response from the A10 other than he says they are handling it internally, and it's his video uploaded to vimeo on the "magazine's" account, of the alleged sign stealing which shows nothing of substance.

The idea that a person could use ESPN+ to steal signs in real time is hilarious the delay alone would negate it's use. You ever try to stream anything outside at SLU? Damn near impossible. Tell me Mason has better wifi outside? GTFOH

Zink, rgbilliken, AGB91 and 1 other like this

Complete joke.  The student manager in question can't see the catcher giving the sign and by the time he moves his hand it seems to be after the fact.  Plus, how is the batter going to see the signal when its behind him?  And nobody seems to care there are two green shirted kids there as well.  Mason managers?  Doing the same thing?  

if baseball is so predicated on the batters not knowing what's coming take a step into 21rst century & let the catcher & pitcher communicate electronically or some such. If winning is everything kind of hard to get all uppity about getting the edge anyway one can imo

From the article:

“It’s not like the SLU program is all about doing the right thing. This is the same program that waited until after its run to the A-10 title and NCAA Regionals in 2018 to suspend an all-conference player for “violating team policy” for an alleged sexual assault that occured in Jannuary of that year.”

What an f’ing Jack Wagon.

He has all these crazy theories when the most obvious answer is that the A10 investigated and found nothing. 

It’s times like these I miss Purple Heart recipient Bob Hughes running the show. Hitting fungoes at 6 am upstairs at West Pine, running foul poles in 25 degree weather when it’s 85 in Tampa and South Florida has already played 15 games. C-USA Billy Baseball was a different variety. 

11 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

It’s times like these I miss Purple Heart recipient Bob Hughes running the show. Hitting fungoes at 6 am upstairs at West Pine, running foul poles in 25 degree weather when it’s 85 in Tampa and South Florida has already played 15 games. C-USA Billy Baseball was a different variety. 

Bobby can be seen roaming the 14U fields in Illinois helping coach his grandson's team.  I really hope he doesn't use some of his gems if they lose or play poorly. 

My favorites were "You guys stink worse than the whale sh*t on the bottom of the ocean",  "You guys look like a bunch of sun bathing m*tha f-ing seals and then my #1  "I wouldn't take any of you into the foxhole with me".

SLU_Lax likes this

1 hour ago, DirtyRican said:

Bobby can be seen roaming the 14U fields in Illinois helping coach his grandson's team.  I really hope he doesn't use some of his gems if they lose or play poorly. 

My favorites were "You guys stink worse than the whale sh*t on the bottom of the ocean",  "You guys look like a bunch of sun bathing m*tha f-ing seals and then my #1  "I wouldn't take any of you into the foxhole with me".

very inspiring.   no wonder you guys were annual ncaa contenders.