The Great Billiken Thought Experiment

Going to have a little fun with the earlier discussion of the NIT...

The day after Jim Crews is fired, you rub the Billiken’s belly and a genie appears that tells you in the 5 years following everything that happens with the program. He even gives 2 alternatives for the 2020 season:

1–Beat UD in Brooklyn and make the NCAA or

2–Lose to UD and play in the NIT

So we would have 1 A10 tournament win and either 2 NCAA and 1 NIT or 2 NIT and 1 NCAA. 

How happy are you with that? Thinking about that has started to change my mind a bit.

1 hour ago, JettFlight5 said:

Going to have a little fun with the earlier discussion of the NIT...

The day after Jim Crews is fired, you rub the Billiken’s belly and a genie appears that tells you in the 5 years following everything that happens with the program. He even gives 2 alternatives for the 2020 season:

1–Beat UD in Brooklyn and make the NCAA or

2–Lose to UD and play in the NIT

So we would have 1 A10 tournament win and either 2 NCAA and 1 NIT or 2 NIT and 1 NCAA. 

How happy are you with that? Thinking about that has started to change my mind a bit.

Yep.  Looking back 5 years, I'm thrilled with where the program is right now. 

I'll add this.  This season was disappointing, but considering that we're losing 2 all-time great Billikens and are still projected early as a bubble-type team tells me how far the program has come.  Right now it's all about stacking talented classes and raising the floor.  Ford has done that.  Soon we'll work on raising the ceiling as well.