SLU once again in the top 10 among non-FBS programs generating the most interactions.

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

Very cool.

It's interesting to me how few followers the Men's Basketball account has on Facebook - 810 vs. 16k+ for the Billiken Athletics account.

I feel like basketball has focused more on promotion through Instagram and twitter while the athletics department as a whole has focused on Facebook. 

That’s fantastic! Now if the Athletic Department could capitalize on a fanbase that is clearly passionate and engaged with, I don’t know, some new merchandise licensing that would be appreciated. There is no excuse for SLU not seeking out deals with Homefield. Cash in that engagement and brand equity! 

37 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Very cool.

It's interesting to me how few followers the Men's Basketball account has on Facebook - 810 vs. 16k+ for the Billiken Athletics account.

I think Saint Louis MBB account is almost brand new. I didn't even know it existed like 6 months ago

31 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

That’s fantastic! Now if the Athletic Department could capitalize on a fanbase that is clearly passionate and engaged with, I don’t know, some new merchandise licensing that would be appreciated. There is no excuse for SLU not seeking out deals with Homefield. Cash in that engagement and brand equity! 

-makes too much sense and you know the reason is because with the 17 other D1 schools that use a Billiken as their mascot we are afraid of getting lost in the shuffle