Nesbitt!

BJK

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Coach's 6th 4-star player by my count. Back to averaging bringing in one a year.

The following were rated by at least 1 site as a 4 star: (Includes 4 star transfers and players who never played. There may be more.)

Jordan Goodwin

Hasahn French

Francis Okoro

Jordan Nesbitt

TJ Hargrove

Cartare Gordon

Javon Bess

Adonys Henriquez

Dion Wiley

NextYearBill likes this

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i just think a coach that sat in mom's living room and promised them that coach would be their away from home father and make them all they can be and then coaches them up for basketball should be the norm and not the exception.   they found the player and begged them to come.   now live with it.  

You're talking about a roster spot. I'm talking about playing time. 

6 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

The following were rated by at least 1 site as a 4 star: (Includes 4 star transfers and players who never played. There may be more.)

Jordan Goodwin

Hasahn French

Francis Okoro

Jordan Nesbitt

TJ Hargrove

Cartare Gordon

Javon Bess

Adonys Henriquez

Dion Wiley

Nice. I overlooked the French, Hargrove and Henriquez 4* ratings. Looks like Luis Santos had a 4* as well. Over 1.5 per year in that case. 

44 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i just think a coach that sat in mom's living room and promised them that coach would be their away from home father and make them all they can be and then coaches them up for basketball should be the norm and not the exception.   they found the player and begged them to come.   now live with it.  

And if a year or 2 down the road, you've recruited better players and player A's chance of playing many minutes is slim? Should you have that tough but frank discussion with him? 

6 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I guess the question becomes, do coaches promise time to players? And I think the answer is yes now more than it ever has been before, and I don't feel great about that. If a coach recruits a player and says if you work hard you will play 20-25 minutes a game next year and then the kid works really hard but can't get off the bench when the time comes because the coach found some other dude in the transfer portal who he wants instead...that doesn't sit right with me.

Coach314 likes this

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I think RM ran some kids off of his first team here. That's kind of a new coach's right in my mind. Hey, you just don't fit my system. As I recall we lost about 5 of Brad's recruits shortly after he arrived. I don't think it had anything to do with playing time. But he didn't recruit them, so no big deal. 

But when you're the coach that promised them the moon to get them in the fold, that's a different ball of wax. A roster spot should be the only guarantee. Playing time should always be a conditional term. I don't know how many coaches approach that honestly. Obviously, that's the biggest thing on a kid's mind. Hey, am I going to play or ride the pine? When you've got the parents sizing you up as well, how do you answer? Take the high road and say, well, that depends upon a lot of factors and you have to know D1 hoops is quite a jump from HS. Or do you smile and say, "Of course, you're gonna play. Why else would I be here in Podunk, IA if you were just going to be a bench warmer?" 

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

did you watch any memphis games?   didnt look that complicated.   

Only lost twice in their last thirteen to a final four team both times.  They were rolling. Regardless of how “complicated” you assumed their game plan to be, it’s hard to get game time when you’re the new guy and the team just keeps winning. 

"I know the guys who are already there. And they are pretty talented like me. So I feel like once I get there we're going to gel together because I already know them," Nesbitt said. "And I think we can come in and work hard every day and win a national championship. And that's what I want to do in my hometown."

Towel shortage. Going to need more towels. 

8 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

"I know the guys who are already there. And they are pretty talented like me. So I feel like once I get there we're going to gel together because I already know them," Nesbitt said. "And I think we can come in and work hard every day and win a national championship. And that's what I want to do in my hometown."

Towel shortage. Going to need more towels. 

link?

1 hour ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Jordan Goodwin

Hasahn French

Francis Okoro

Jordan Nesbitt

TJ Hargrove

Cartare Gordon

Javon Bess

Adonys Henriquez

Dion Wiley

Brett Jolly was a 3 star if that's worth anything.

Not to nit pick cause I don't know anything about edits (and not to offend the person who made this if they are on here) but why can't we have cool edits like all the big schools. Who is our edit guy/ we need to get an edit guy. This looks like some real 'mid major' sh!!t. Bothers me so much. You know Dayton would give the player some better content to share for their tweet when they commit. 

EyOWaUeW8AUaL2w.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Not to nit pick cause I don't know anything about edits (and not to offend the person who made this if they are on here) but why can't we have cool edits like all the big schools. Who is our edit guy/ we need to get an edit guy. This looks like some real 'mid major' sh!!t. Bothers me so much. You know Dayton would give the player some better content to share for their tweet when they commit. 

EyOWaUeW8AUaL2w.jpeg

Rashad Williams edit was pretty good I thought.

I actually think it is awesome / hilarious that Nesbitt first announced his commitment on an over the air news station during which he appeared to be riding in a car while conducting his interview with Frank and then puts out this MS Paint quality edit on his Twitter.  It hopefully means that Nesbitt isn't too full of himself and cares more about basketball than this flashy social media stuff.

6 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

EyOWaUeW8AUaL2w.jpeg

Schools don't generally do the "edits"

7 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

EyOWaUeW8AUaL2w.jpeg

According to the replies, it was created by a SLU fan/student

3 hours ago, A10Ref said:

I can't wait til we play someone and throw the all-STL lineup(s) at them - any combination of Fred, Yuri, TJ, Okoro, Nesbitt, and JP... Would be sweet and I can definitely see some sportscenter top plays coming from any of them

If that happened, the media should be all over it.  Especially Cusamano.  An all St. Louis lineup on the floor, even if not starters, is a big deal.  Don't have the time to look it up or know where to look it up, but that probably hasn't happened since the 50s maybe?