Recruiting - 2025

Pistol

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait until the 2021 class closes out before putting 2025 players in the Recruiting Lists thread, but here's Carbuccia's bio:

Danny Carbuccia - PG, 6-1, 160 - Bronx, NY (Mott Hall) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @nolimitdannyyy
Offers: Saint Louis, Stony Brook.

Interest: Bryant.

Latest News: Carbuccia received an offer from SLU, his second. Stony Brook was his first, about a week earlier. (3/31/21)

Scouting Report: Carbuccia is a lead guard with tremendous scoring ability. He can shoot from outside and uses incredible body control to get to the rim and finish with either hand. He has good size for his age, great handles, and excellent vision and passing ability.

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

What’s the story here? Typically players worth offering in 8th grade end up at blue bloods.

My best guesses:

1. PSA Cardinals pipeline. SLU wants to be known up and down the program.
  2. Christian Nunez connection. He's a Dominican-American guy from NYC, just like Carbuccia. He also tweeted yesterday that he "can't wait to see [his] family tomorrow" so he very well may have seen Carbuccia in some context today. He's not officially a recruiting assistant (Director of Player Development) but he can communicate back to the staff if he sees or otherwise knows about a player.
  3. Carbuccia is really good. Watch whatever video you can see. Dude doesn't play like he's in eighth grade.
BilliesBy40 likes this

• 5 months later...

Davis-Ray was already on the interest list, so that was an easy update: 

B.J. Davis-Ray - G, 6-5, 165 - Dallas, TX (Lake Highland) - AAU: Team Griffin (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @BJDavisRay1
Offers: Saint Louis, LSU.

Interest: Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Utah, SIU-Edwardsville, Lamar, Texas-Arlington, Coastal Carolina, Elon, Bryant, Liberty, Seattle, Texas-Rio Grande Valley.

Latest News: Davis received an offer from SLU. (9/2/21)

Scouting Report: Davis is an athletic wing with good size. He scores on all three levels and can guard multiple positions. He handles the ball well and is crafty getting to the basket. He finishes hard in transition. A St. Louis native, he moved to Dallas right before high school.

Amare (Ami) Neal - PG, 5-10, 150 - Swifton, AR (Tuckerman) - AAU: Woodz Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @amare_neal002
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Arkansas, Tulsa, Liberty.

Latest News: Neal has new interest from SLU. (9/1/21)

Scouting Report: Neal is a well-rounded point guard with a strong work ethic. He's got a good shot from mid-range and the perimeter. He handles the ball very well. He's an excellent on-ball defender. 

• 3 weeks later...

SLU has offered 2025 PG, Aaron Rowe, from Tolton in Columbia, MO.

I know this kid very well both on the court and personally. He's going to be a blue chip prospect. 6'0 already, freakish athletic traits. Works incredibly hard with skills trainer, Pep Stanciel. The sky is the limit. For perspective he played up a year on Mokan's 15u and had 27 points in a Peach Jam game. 

10 minutes ago, seanwest said:

I know this kid very well both on the court and personally. He's going to be a blue chip prospect. 6'0 already, freakish athletic traits. Works incredibly hard with skills trainer, Pep Stanciel. The sky is the limit. For perspective he played up a year on Mokan's 15u and had 27 points in a Peach Jam game. 

Since nothing is official until it is posted on social media. 🤣  Here is the Tweet.

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, seanwest said:

Sean, thanks for keeping us up to date! Love your posts and inside info. Assuming everyone understands that anything and everything could change over the next several years, do you think SLU has a realistic shot at being the school for Aaron?

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Sean, thanks for keeping us up to date! Love your posts and inside info. Assuming everyone understands that anything and everything could change over the next several years, do you think SLU has a realistic shot at being the school for Aaron?

Realistically I'm unsure. In my eyes SLU is a top 30-40 program in the Country so I always think they SHOULD have a shot at local talent. With that being said... I think Aaron is going to be a major blue blood target, possibly even G-League, Overtime, or Pro but time will tell!

4 minutes ago, seanwest said:

Realistically I'm unsure. In my eyes SLU is a top 30-40 program in the Country so I always think they SHOULD have a shot at local talent. With that being said... I think Aaron is going to be a major blue blood target, possibly even G-League, Overtime, or Pro but time will tell!

Appreciate the honesty. That’s basically what I was asking. No judgement here. Never blame a kid for doing what’s best for him and his family. But who knows where things will stand in 2 years.

Zyree Collins - PG, - St. Louis, MO (St. Mary's) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @zyree314
Offers: Saint Louis.

Interest: Oklahoma, Southeast Missouri.

Latest News: Collins received an offer from SLU. (10/6/21)

Scouting Report: Collins is a skilled point guard who plays like he's older than he is. He's an excellent playmaker with high-level passing ability and outstanding vision. He scores on three levels and is shifty getting to the basket, able to change speeds and get around larger defenders, finishing with either hand. He can also has deep range on his shot. He's the younger brother of SLU PG Yuri Collins.

Aaron Rowe - PG, 6-0, 145 - Columbia, MO (Father Tolton) - AAU: MOKAN Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @a_rowe_3
Offers: Saint Louis, Tennessee, Missouri State.

Interest: Texas A&M, Missouri, Loyola-Chicago, Drake, Illinois State, Southeast Missouri, SIU-Edwardsville.

Latest News: Rowe received offers from SLU and Tennessee. (10/6/21)

Scouting Report: Rowe is a very skilled, athletic point guard with a complete game. He's extremely quick and moves in traffic and in the open court. He scores on three levels. He's got long arms and finishes everything, also manages to be disruptive on defense. He's a deft passer and has great handles. He's an elite athlete and also plays with smarts well beyond his years. He also has an incredible work ethic.

• 1 month later...