2021-2022 Season

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-hey ADept, let's run our own MTE, unless there is a rule that says we can't(we might want to have an outside source review given our 'we'll play a game after the A10 Tourney fun'), USF, UK, SLU, Texas Tech or Iowa, play Nov 24, 26 and 28, call WorldWide, Enterprise, everyone in town to get a sponsor, perhaps after Friday I'll sponsor it

I believe you’re referring to the Billiken Classic. The MTE to rule all other MTE’s.

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-hey ADept, let's run our own MTE, unless there is a rule that says we can't(we might want to have an outside source review given our 'we'll play a game after the A10 Tourney fun'), USF, UK, SLU, Texas Tech or Iowa, play Nov 24, 26 and 28, call WorldWide, Enterprise, everyone in town to get a sponsor, perhaps after Friday I'll sponsor it

I believe you’re referring to the Billiken Classic. The MTE to rule all other MTE’s.

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Why after Friday? You got a Dogecoin scoop? Good name for it “Dogecoin Classic.” 

4 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-hey ADept, let's run our own MTE, unless there is a rule that says we can't(we might want to have an outside source review given our 'we'll play a game after the A10 Tourney fun'), USF, UK, SLU, Texas Tech or Iowa, play Nov 24, 26 and 28, call WorldWide, Enterprise, everyone in town to get a sponsor, perhaps after Friday I'll .

25 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Why after Friday? You got a Dogecoin scoop? Good name for it “Dogecoin Classic.” 

The Becky’s Carpet & Tile Superstore Billikens Classic!

Compton and SLU_Lax like this

On 5/19/2021 at 4:39 PM, Brighton said:

If last year isn’t proof that this program has bad juju, then I don’t know what is.

Totally agree. Finally, a shot at a big time tourney and it's cancelled. As Rosanna Rosanna Danna used to say, "it's always something with the Billikens." 

I saw west pine bills react to this tweet and agreed with their take, especially the second part

I almost see this as Power 5 teams just feeding this to Rothstein as a way to get ahead of why they won't be playing against teams outside of the Power 5 conferences, especially ones that are top 50-100 in Kenpom or NET.

cgeldmacher likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

49 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

I saw west pine bills react to this tweet and agreed with their take, especially the second part

I almost see this as Power 5 teams just feeding this to Rothstein as a way to get ahead of why they won't be playing against teams outside of the Power 5 conferences, especially ones that are top 50-100 in Kenpom or NET.

Apparently, Jeff Goodman is calling BS on Rothstein too. I pretty much agree. These days, everybody has tape on everybody else. Refusing a payday to play a Power 6 team for fear that they might poach 1 of your players (when it could just as likely still happen anyway), is just insanely dumb. I think this is 1 of Rothstein’s ploys to drive engagement, honestly.

17 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Gotta e better than Tebow, ema rite?

possibly, but catching a ball with a linebacker bearing down takes some skill and willingness to get hammered, i hope french does well but vastly different than basketball. tebow has quite a bit of experience and knowledge of the game of football

5 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I am still not convinced that this will hurt mid majors. Keep in mind, the big programs have been able to stack talent at each position, and kids felt somewhat locked in because they had to sit out if they transferred. Now, if they don’t get the start, they can move down. A lot of players will move up, and over time it will be found that it does not work out very well for everyone and players will not move as much. I think everything will balance out, and good coaches will figure out how to move it to their advantage.

14 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Well, I don’t think that coach will be coaching in five years.  This is just as bad as a way to build a program as saying you are only going to recruit kids that will be one or two and dones.  It may work at some top 5 or 10 programs that really have the choice of the cream of the crop, but everywhere else you need a mix of kids with some that have been in the program for multiple years.

BIG BILL FAN likes this