2021-2022 Season

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Chris Duarte was drafted #13 by the Pacers at 24 years old.  He is NBA mature, fundamentally sound and will start the year as a key rotational player for the Pacers.  He will be in the starting lineup by mid season.  

It can and does happen.

Who do you see Duarte replacing in the starting lineup?

8 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Who do you see Duarte replacing in the starting lineup?

I’m taking this from the Indy Star articles saying Warren is first on that list to be replaced. He is coming off of a year on the IL. Duarte is 2” shorter but a better shooter, more athletic and more versatile than Warren. 

Coach314 likes this

@CBFan --- thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it IF I get there.  That is a big IF.  Retirement is no slow down for us.  We have a trip to Cleveland (wedding) over Labor Day.  Then I go to the hell hole known as Dayton (golf tournament) late September.  October I have a Myrtle Beach trip (golf).  Then to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.  Then the kids from Phoenix come here for Christmas.  Next year is the big 4-0 and Mrs. Taj wants rum and Caribbean beaches.  Plus I always get the Dayton away game and the A10 tournament.   Bored in retirement?  Not this guy.

slu72 was coming to Gettysburg this year.  And we're still waiting ..... just for info's sake.

17 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@CBFan --- thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it IF I get there.  That is a big IF.  Retirement is no slow down for us.  We have a trip to Cleveland (wedding) over Labor Day.  Then I go to the hell hole known as Dayton (golf tournament) late September.  October I have a Myrtle Beach trip (golf).  Then to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.  Then the kids from Phoenix come here for Christmas.  Next year is the big 4-0 and Mrs. Taj wants rum and Caribbean beaches.  Plus I always get the Dayton away game and the A10 tournament.   Bored in retirement?  Not this guy.

slu72 was coming to Gettysburg this year.  And we're still waiting ..... just for info's sake.

I actually was in Gettysburg on 08/03 on my way to Maine. As proof, I had a burger and beer at Eddies restaurant. Named after some Gettysburg Eddie guy who was an MLB player from G’burg. If you haven’t tried it you should. Very good food and service. Very popular too. 
I was up against a tight schedule as I had to be in ME on the 5th. Otherwise I would have contacted you. I am thinking of a fall trip to return. 

Just getting prepared for when the time comes. 

I've only been to one road game and it was Fordham, so tickets were laughable to get.  When tickets come available for the Memphis game, what's the best way of purchasing them.  I assume it would be thru SLU athletics?  Is that the only way to get seats in SLU's designated section?

Figured tickets even though a Tuesday game, may be hard to get near SLU's bench.

40 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

nothing wrong with rum and Caribbean beaches!  some of my greatest life memories involve Caribbean beaches and Rum.  

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Just getting prepared for when the time comes. 

I've only been to one road game and it was Fordham, so tickets were laughable to get.  When tickets come available for the Memphis game, what's the best way of purchasing them.  I assume it would be thru SLU athletics?  Is that the only way to get seats in SLU's designated section?

Figured tickets even though a Tuesday game, may be hard to get near SLU's bench.

for a road game at Memphis, if you want to sit with the slu high rollers who will dominate the slu seating for a hot road game like that, i would say going through the school is your best choice.   

that said, the usual ticket brokers, vivid, stubhub, etc will likely get you tickets.   you just wont necessarily be behind the billiken bench.  

Memphis fans are the definition of Rabid arrogant rude fans.   in my younger days i was there a plenty for sellout games tough to openly cheer the billikens in that atmosphere without taking jeers and such.   only worse in my fandom of course the Mi$$ouri games in columbia or of course the huggybear bearcats.   tough crowds. 

15 hours ago, wgstl said:

Can’t wait to beat them before they gel and go on a run. 

This is exactly where my head was.  Play our 5 best defenders and introduce them to Billiken D #shaft then have perkins cook down the stretch and we pull it out like LSU last year. 

8 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

This is exactly where my head was.  Play our 5 best defenders and introduce them to Billiken D #shaft then have perkins cook down the stretch and we pull it out like LSU last year. 

100%.. I also am a firm believer that Yuri and TJ are going to take two to three steps forward on the offensive side of the ball. I can't wait - need November now.

@slu72 --- door is open.  I prefer two other local establishment --- the Blue and Gray Grill on the Gburg circle, and Appalachin Brewing Company down near the battlefield.  The wings at the Blue and Gray are my choice.  The Rebel Yell wings will light you up.  Down at ABC, try the beef on Wick.  Just make sure you slather it in the home made horseradish that comes with it.  Call if you get here.

I will eb out of town September 3 - 8 and then again September 21 - 24/25.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

@slu72 --- door is open.  I prefer two other local establishment --- the Blue and Gray Grill on the Gburg circle, and Appalachin Brewing Company down near the battlefield.  The wings at the Blue and Gray are my choice.  The Rebel Yell wings will light you up.  Down at ABC, try the beef on Wick.  Just make sure you slather it in the home made horseradish that comes with it.  Call if you get here.

I will eb out of town September 3 - 8 and then again September 21 - 24/25.

I think October is in the cards. I’m waiting on delivery of my new Bronco Sport, actually I’ve been waiting since May, and have been told early Oct. We’ll see. But I would like to see you guys and play a round. Right now my game’s in pretty rough shape due to Covid last year and am now dealing w/some back spasms. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I think October is in the cards. I’m waiting on delivery of my new Bronco Sport, actually I’ve been waiting since May, and have been told early Oct. We’ll see. But I would like to see you guys and play a round. Right now my game’s in pretty rough shape due to Covid last year and am now dealing w/some back spasms. 

my game is always in rough shape.   years ago, willie told me it was because i was standing on the wrong side of the ball.   i was emotionally scarred for life and never recovered my golf game.  

Reinert310 likes this

October 26, 2021 (Tuesday) 7 p.m. Home Rockhurst St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena) Exhibition  
October 31, 2021 (Sunday) 3 p.m. Home Lindenwood St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena) Exhibition  
November 9, 2021 (Tuesday) TBA Home Central Arkansas St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
November 10, 2021 (Wednesday) TBA Home Harris-Stowe St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
November 12, 2021 (Friday) TBA Home Eastern Illinois St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
November 16, 2021 (Tuesday) TBA Away Memphis Memphis, Tenn. (FedEx Forum)    
November 20, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Home Mercer St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena) 2021 Cancun Challenge  
November 23, 2021 (Tuesday) 7:30 pm   Illinois State Riviera Maya, Mexico (Hard Rock Hotel) 2021 Cancun Challenge  
November 24, 2021 (Wednesday) 5 pm or 7:30 pm   Buffalo or Stephen F. Austin Riviera Maya, Mexico (Hard Rock Hotel) 2021 Cancun Challenge  
November 30, 2021 (Tuesday) TBA Away Boise State Boise, Idaho (ExtraMile Arena)    
December 4, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Home UAB St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
December 7, 2021 (Tuesday) TBA Home Belmont St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
December 11, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Home Boston College St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
December 18, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Home Auburn St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)    
December 22, 2021 (Wednesday) TBA   Drake Las Vegas, Nev. (South Point Arena)

I understand they want to have a certain number of home games for season ticket holders, but why the heck are they playing Harris Stowe 11/10 the night after the UCA game 11/9.  I don't see any upside to playing that game.

Nov 24 - Dec 22 is a pretty brutal stretch with no "easy" games especially if we get Buffalo in the Cancun Challenge.  Boston College is the easiest on paper.  Crazy that in a 7 game non-conference stretch the weakest opponent might be the ACC team.  I can't imagine that ever being the case in the past.

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Very loose ranking but as of now, T-rank has our opponents at 

#3 Memphis

#23 Auburn

#55 UAB

#63 Drake

#73 Belmont

#74 Boise

#82 buffalo

#142 Boston college 

Mercer (#162 on T-Rank) is not exactly a cakewalk either. Think they went 18-11 last year.

51 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I understand they want to have a certain number of home games for season ticket holders, but why the heck are they playing Harris Stowe 11/10 the night after the UCA game 11/9.  I don't see any upside to playing that game.

You could do it as a split squad game....just the bench

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Nov 24 - Dec 22 is a pretty brutal stretch with no "easy" games especially if we get Buffalo in the Cancun Challenge.  Boston College is the easiest on paper.  Crazy that in a 7 game non-conference stretch the weakest opponent might be the ACC team.  I can't imagine that ever being the case in the past.

That 7 game stretch resembles a Big 10 conference schedule.  Definitely uncharted territory.

As for Harris Stowe, it would be nice to get Lorentsson and Traore some minutes.