2021-2022 Season

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-curious what folks are thinking the increase in season ticket cost will be? 

I have not seen an email or regular mail from SLU about an increase in pricing.  Have you received something?

SLU lost a lot of revenue last season so it makes sense SLU will have to make up for it.

My wife got her second COVID shot and I get mine a week from today so I am ready to get into Chaifetz at any cost.

Happy Friday 

Box and Won likes this

TJ is going to have a breakout year. He's going to shoot high volume 37%+ from 3 and will average 9-10+ ppg... Calling my shot right now. He's one of my favorite billiken's already just from his antics on the bench cheering his teammates on. I can't wait to see what fun stuff he'll do on the court.

53 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

TJ is going to have a breakout year. He's going to shoot high volume 37%+ from 3 and will average 9-10+ ppg... Calling my shot right now. He's one of my favorite billiken's already just from his antics on the bench cheering his teammates on. I can't wait to see what fun stuff he'll do on the court.

TJ will be a productive player but until he learns how to beat his defender off the dribble his ceiling will be limited. 

1 hour ago, A10Ref said:

Your guess is as good as any.  There's a ton of competition at the small forward.  Somebody has to have a breakout season, right?

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

I have not seen an email or regular mail from SLU about an increase in pricing.  Have you received something?

SLU lost a lot of revenue last season so it makes sense SLU will have to make up for it.

My wife got her second COVID shot and I get mine a week from today so I am ready to get into Chaifetz at any cost.

Happy Friday 

I for one will be p!$$ed if they increase my ticket price.  They have held my ticket purchase $$$ from last year and if they didn't invest all the revenue from season ticket holders in a CD type investment then shame on their finance people  I will consider it a slap in the face if they now ask for additional money to get my same location this year.

AGB91 likes this

37 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

TJ will be a productive player but until he learns how to beat his defender off the dribble his ceiling will be limited. 

He's beating the chair off the dribble... not much different than the defense that some teams in the A10 like to play (outside of the bonnies and VCU)

29 minutes ago, bauman said:

I for one will be p!$$ed if they increase my ticket price.  They have held my ticket purchase $$$ from last year and if they didn't invest all the revenue from season ticket holders in a CD type investment then shame on their finance people  I will consider it a slap in the face if they now ask for additional money to get my same location this year.

They held my money for this season and I assume they will not ask for any additional money from fans like us that allowed SLU to hold the money.

I am buying 2 additional tickets this season next to my current seats and I expect those to cost more.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

I am sure all that ticket money went into the budget for the year. Even if they had the luxury of investing it at today rates that might add about $1.50 to your account. 

billiken_roy likes this

ive been communicating with the ticket office this week on the credit i will get towards next year and the amount they are subtracting for the 5 games i took my tickets.   thus far i got nothing to complain about and i think the ticket office is doing a great job.   

they said when they send out the invoices in july or august the credits for this year will be reflected and i will only have to pay the difference.   i did not ask, and they didnt say, but i will be surprised if there is a huge price increase if any at all.   

(knocking on my wooden desk in hopes i didnt just jinx that)

HoosierPal, I just do not understand how this NCAA certified agency deal works. If he does not get an acceptable contract by a certain date, then he can opt to come back in? Is this the way it works? Do you have any idea of what this date (if any) may be?

I'm putting my money on JGood making a return to Billiken hoops. At this stage, I don't see the NBA in his future. No offense meant there, just hard cold reality of today's NBA. His chances would be much improved if he was a legit deep threat, but that's not been the case. 

billikenbill likes this

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

HoosierPal, I just do not understand how this NCAA certified agency deal works. If he does not get an acceptable contract by a certain date, then he can opt to come back in? Is this the way it works? Do you have any idea of what this date (if any) may be?

In order to represent Division I men’s basketball student-athletes as they weigh their professional prospects and not negatively impact the athlete's eligibility, the agent must be NCAA certified by the Enforcement Certification and Approvals Group.

So, the way is open for him to do another year with SLU. This is good. You did not mention a time frame, but I assume, from SLU's point of view, that he will have to make his decision before the academic year starts if he wants to come back in. Does this sound reasonable to you?

I would think the school return option is doable to anybody so long as they make it onto the school's rolls by whatever deadline is necessary for fall semester.  I seem to recall we had a delayed entry time period ... maybe a week after classes started way back when .... but it would seem to me in order to to on the roster, you need to be in school full-time .... meaning at least 12 credit hours per semester by the school's already established semester calendar.  

There are exceptions of course.  I think Musapha Amzil was still in Finland when school started last year.  He somehow completed his course work there, and was accepted ay Dayton in time to walk right out onto the roster and play.  I would seem pretty certain he got a waiver or something as well as cleared the NCAA Clearinghouse requirements.  I also remember Cody Ellis having a ten-game hangup while he was trying to come over.  And we all know the NCAA makes things up as they go anyway.

If I were Ford, I'd want my full roster there all together doing whatever it is they do from August through the duration.  Not fair for anyone to keep the coach and staff hanging for that long.

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Bonnie's sign another JUCO.  18 ppg with 48% from deep (73-151).  Region VIII POY. 

Bonnie's still have two open scholarships.

I see that picture, Linton Brown, and raise you this picture. 

Olean, NY. January, 2021. Enjoy! 

36DDADB6-6828-48B5-8BDF-A9E370F05EF8.jpeg