Demarius Jacobs enters Transfer Portal

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it works out for him.  Ball State was 10 - 13 last year, good for 8th in the 12-team MAC.  They did have two seniors in the backcourt who were their leading scorers but Ishmael El-Amin transfer to Rhode Island and K.J. Walton is transferring to in-conference rival Akron.  Third leading scorer Jarron  Coleman II is also transferring to Mizzou.  Eighth man Zach Gunn is also transferring.  Lots of minutes to be had.  Hope Demarius makes the best of it.

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I wish him success but unless he comes to play with intensity every game he will find himself in the same spot he was in here.  It was always in his head.

If the work ethic of Javon Bess and the motor of Jordan Goodwin had rubbed off on Jacobs, he would be an NBA prospect.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If you think every double digit scorer on a bad team is bringing it every night I think you're naive.  

Also I don't think he played with a lack of intensity at all. I think he could have asserted himself more offensively at times. However, when you're on a team with JGood, Has, and Perkins it tough to always know when to be aggressive and when to defer to the big 3. I wish him all the best at Ball State. He seems like a good guy and team mate

21 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Also I don't think he played with a lack of intensity at all. I think he could have asserted himself more offensively at times. However, when you're on a team with JGood, Has, and Perkins it tough to always know when to be aggressive and when to defer to the big 3. I wish him all the best at Ball State. He seems like a good guy and team mate

I think you are proving the point.  Jacobs spent too much time deferring, thus his disappearances in games......

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

thanks, couldn't muster up the words but these are perfect. I bet he does very well.

hmart23 likes this

13 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I think you are proving the point.  Jacobs spent too much time deferring, thus his disappearances in games......

Agreed.  This was JGood and French's team - neither deferred to anyone - not Bess, not Roby, not Foreman.   Then it became the the Big 3 but Thatch had medical issues. Perkins didn't care and didn't defer to anyone.   Even when he first appeared, and played lost that first semester with a deer in a headlight look, he put his shot up again and again and againg and then became our best player/scorer - even in the shadows of JGood and French.   Jacobs had opportunity after opportunity - but didn't.  Jacobs didn't become a part of any new Big 3.  Jacobs did not become our best player/scorer.  I thank Jacobs for his hard work, his efforts and wish him nothing but the best.

18 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If you think every double digit scorer on a bad team is bringing it every night I think you're naive.  

If you think every double digit scorer on a bad team can do that every night without trying then you are naive.  My point simply was that if he doesn't come ready to play every night then he won't find it always that easy.  Gee whiz

4 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Agreed.  This was JGood and French's team - neither deferred to anyone - not Bess, not Roby, not Foreman.   Then it became the the Big 3 but Thatch had medical issues. Perkins didn't care and didn't defer to anyone.   Even when he first appeared, and played lost that first semester with a deer in a headlight look, he put his shot up again and again and againg and then became our best player/scorer - even in the shadows of JGood and French.   Jacobs had opportunity after opportunity - but didn't.  Jacobs didn't become a part of any new Big 3.  Jacobs did not become our best player/scorer.  I thank Jacobs for his hard work, his efforts and wish him nothing but the best.

"Jacobs did not become our best player/scorer." OK, that may be true, but where's the logic in using that yardstick when every player but one will fail?

Jacobs succeeded in his sixth man role; he came off the bench and turned the tide of games more than once. This board was praising him.

He was never the same after the prolonged COVID break, and neither was the team. The fact the NCAA is granting eligibility for another season underscores how whacked everything was.

Jacobs was WAY better pre-COVID this season compared to his turnover-prone initial season. Surely that took drive, motivation and a work ethic. Kudos to everyone wishing him well, agree he was great for the program and fun to watch.

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

"Jacobs did not become our best player/scorer." OK, that may be true, but where's the logic in using that yardstick when every player but one will fail?

Jacobs succeeded in his sixth man role; he came off the bench and turned the tide of games more than once. This board was praising him.

He was never the same after the prolonged COVID break, and neither was the team. The fact the NCAA is granting eligibility for another season underscores how whacked everything was.

Jacobs was WAY better pre-COVID this season compared to his turnover-prone initial season. Surely that took drive, motivation and a work ethic. Kudos to everyone wishing him well, agree he was great for the program and fun to watch.

Agreed upon this year and the affects of COVID. And maybe about Jacobs. Not saying no. At the same time, he had plenty of time and chances prior. A late developer, COVID set back, alot of depth at his position, alot of teammates w similar skills...  and yet he has improved every year... just not sure how much higher he can go - especially without playing alot in order to get better.  
He benefited from better college coaching, learned the speed of the college game, improved his skills and technique, got stronger... but he probably needs to now play, make mistakes, learn from them and have fun while getting better. Don’t see the opportunity here.  Good luck at Ball State!

15 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

Jacobs had star like moments pre covid pause, he didnt have the legs after the pause. I hope he does well. That said I want Nesbitt to have the most minutes he can and develope into a star player

Exactly right Dennis, if this team is going to be great next year, it needs Nesbitt to start and be a major contributor. I don’t want anything holding up his development. 

billiken_roy likes this

On 5/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, Billiken Rich said:

I guess if you consider intensity and assertiveness offensively the same thing. 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I guess if you consider intensity and assertiveness offensively the same thing. 

I don't think you can have one without the other 

On 5/9/2021 at 9:01 AM, Old guy said:

I think Jacobs is very good, but is not an aggressive person by nature. Some things cannot be changed.

I think old guy said it well.....

Let me be clear that I was super excited when we signed Demarius and am sorry to see him go.

slufanskip likes this