Demarius Jacobs enters Transfer Portal

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Kind of felt like this was a real possibility. Fred really came on strong late, and Jacobs was losing time + in a funk.  Good Luck, Jacobs!

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Well dang it. Not a shock, but as I pointed out earlier, I thought he was a really effective role player this past season until getting hurt in the URI game. Hopefully this is an indicator that a good guard addition is on the way and/or a certain player is returning.

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

That is a shame but I imagine the writing was on the wall that he was not going to be getting starter’s minutes in what could be his senior season.  Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Makes sense.  I really appreciated DJ at as a player.  

We were very crowded on the wing.  Something had to give. 

Wish DJ the best.  It probably deserves its own thread.  He did everything asked of him and was a solid Billiken

I know it's all in the Transfers thread but thought he deserved his own thread. I will miss him as a player. I always thought his ceiling was higher than anyone else on the team. Some bad luck caused him to never consistently get there

Jacobs had big games in our two best wins of the year. Even when he wasn’t playing down the stretch he still had a good attitude on the bench. Seems like a great teammate and I think he could be a really good player if he finds the right fit. Would’ve loved to have him back but can understand why he might want to go somewhere with a more defined role.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to Demarius Jacobs enters Transfer Portal

As I mentioned previously, he was having an excellent season prior to the injury in the URI game. He was very efficient up until that point.

Competition for playing time is tough when you have a deep roster. Wish him the best and understand why he is moving on, especially in today's environment when it is so easy to do. One positive is that it could open up some minutes for Stickland, who I am excited to see develop. Also, Fred now becomes even more important and GJ needs to bounce back. Hope we get some news on a good incoming player soon.

After the season, I really thought Jacobs was the most likely to transfer. He’s a very talented player, but I think he could see that he already had a few guys a head of him on the depth chart, even before we sign an transfers (or incoming freshmen). I hope he finds a good situation and absolutely balls out. I wish DJ nothing but the best.

2 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Well, we just got one more spot... I can't wait to see who Ford brings in to get this board and me extremely excited

I was kind of disappointed that Jacobs was leaving (even though I can’t blame him), I forgot this opens up a 4th scholarship. Will certainly be interesting.

I for one am sad to see him go. Always thought he might be our most skilled player. Injuries and inconsistency seemed to be his calling card, however. I think he can find a home at a high mid where he'll be a solid contributor. Kind of reminds me of the Jalen Johnson transfer 2 years back. Will not be surprised to see him be a starter somewhere else. Good luck, DJ. Thanks for your efforts and good luck at your new school. I knew we wouldn't escape the portal unscathed. I hope he's the end of it, though. 

Crewsorlose likes this

I would say Demarius was and Gibson is the main risk to leave... Demarius is a large hit and so would be Gibby, but I honestly think (especially with the current 1,000+ players in the portal) we will be able to fill the roles. There are plenty of scorers and sharpshooters out there right now. Definitely sad to see Demarius go and really really hope Gibson or anyone else doesn't follow - but this is Ford's bread and butter.