Consolidated A10 Transfer List 2021

Taj79

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

A vcu-less Bones isnt very good, middle of the pack maybe. 

As of right now I'd say top 4 is:

Bonnies

SLU

VCU(with bones)

Richmond

VCU managed to beat us without Bones. I agree losing him hurts, but I don't think they will fall too far without him.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If Bones comes back the A10 might have 4 teams that could make the top 25

I have absolutely ZERO faith that Richmond or the Bonnies will put together a good OOC, and it will end up hurting the conference. 

AGB91 likes this

Just now, BilliesBy40 said:

VCU managed to beat us without Bones. I agree losing him hurts, but I don't think they will fall too far without him.

I understand what you're saying, but really anyone could have beaten us at that time.

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Bonnies need to put together a bench before thinking that far ahead

They can easily replace the bench or lack thereof what they had this year

T-Rank has kind of a fun tool where you can add / subtract players and see how the 2022 roster projects.  https://barttorvik.com/rostercast.php?team=Rhode+Island&run=1&player=&transfers=&seniors=&recruits=&everyone=

Here is the A10 rankings without any adjustments - unadjusted rosters seem to be somewhat updated for transfers or seniors coming back, but not 100% accurate:

13. St Bonaventure

44. SLU (this is with without Nesbitt and adding Nesbitt doesn't change anything because the tool is using his Memphis stats)

62. Richmond (doesn't include Gilyard for some reason jump up to 38 if you add him)

67 VCU (without Bones, jumps to 27 if you add back Bones)

70. Rhode Island

129. UMass

135. Dayton

144. Davidson

157. Duquesne

189. Fordham (this includes Soriano, drops to 255 without him)

196. LaSalle

200. George Mason

222. St Joes

231. GW

Obviously super rough at this point, but that looks about right to me.  Bona is maybe a little too high, but they're a legit top 25ish team.  Dayton maybe a little too low, but they have a bunch of new faces so who knows.

For the A10's sake, I hope that the bottom 5 can overachieve.  Having 5 teams around 200 or worse is not good and will drag down the conference as a whole. 

Bones coming back and potentially having 4 NCAA caliber teams with Bona, VCU, SLU, and Richmond would be pretty great.

16 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

T-Rank has kind of a fun tool where you can add / subtract players and see how the 2022 roster projects.  https://barttorvik.com/rostercast.php?team=Rhode+Island&run=1&player=&transfers=&seniors=&recruits=&everyone=

This is cool. If I add Tamar Bates as a proxy for Nesbitt (similar size and ranking) it brings us up to 39. If I were to get frisky and add Goodwin after that it brings us up to 21. That number will likely drop some as the uncommitted guys in the portal start to decide where they're going.

BilliesBy40 likes this

Never discount the Flyers. Grant can recruit. We've lost 4 straight to them. Time to get that going the other way. Speaking of them; is Crutcher out of their picture, ie has he found an agent? 

Also, if Gilyard returns does that mean Richmond comes back intact? 

The last NBA draft forecast I saw had Bones as a late second round pick. Might not make him all that anxious to leave. Another thought on VCU, is there any chance Fletcher decides to join Kern as a Ram? 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Never discount the Flyers. Grant can recruit. We've lost 4 straight to them. Time to get that going the other way. Speaking of them; is Crutcher out of their picture, ie has he found an agent? 

Also, if Gilyard returns does that mean Richmond comes back intact? 

The last NBA draft forecast I saw had Bones as a late second round pick. Might not make him all that anxious to leave. Another thought on VCU, is there any chance Fletcher decides to join Kern as a Ram? 

I don’t believe Francis has announced yet that he is returning to the Spiders next year, has he?

Francis has not declared his intentions.  Additionally, the extra year covers fifth-year senior Nick Sherrod who blew out his other ACL this off season.  Technically, he coudl come back but when he suffered the second ACL injury, he declared his collegiate career over.  He could have a change of heart.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Dayton likely near the top as well with all the talent they are brining in.

Ibi Watson told the Dayton Daily News yesterday that he has not made a decision on returning or not. The DDN has 'crickets' on Crutcher.  I believe Cohill is coming back.  Weaver will be back.  Tshimanga is not coming back.