Consolidated A10 Transfer List 2021

Taj79

I will continually update.  This will include declared transfers and the fate of seniors able to return to the roster should they decide as such. Updated 8/15/2021 including top 100 transfer ratings with 135 names current in the portal/state of flux for the A10.  Updates in bold.  That averages out to about 9.7 moves per team.  

Moving the declared returning seniors to the INCOMING section below.

ESPN Top 100 Transfers noted after #:

OUTGOING:

Davidson:  Kellen Grady (Kentucky- # 9), Carter Collins (Murray State), Bates Jones (Duke), and David Czerapowicz (transfer).

Dayton:  Rodney Chatman (transfer), Jalen Crutcher (PRO), Ibi Watson (senior), Jordy Tshimanga (senior), Dwayne Cohill (Youngstown State) and Lukas Frazier (transfer).  Moulaye Sissoko is rumored to be transferring but no formal announcement as of yet.

Duquesne:  Marcus Weathers (SMU - #91), Michael Hughes (PRO), Ryan Murphy (senior), Tavian Dunn-Martin (Florida Gulf Coast), Sincere Carry (Kent State), Amari Kelly (North Carolina - WIlmington), Chad Baker (San Diego State), Jeff Roesing (Rider) and Lamar Norman Jr. (Western Michigan).

Fordham:  Chuba Ohams (transfer), Joel Soriano (St. John's - 100+), Ivan Raut (transfer), Lazar Skoric (transfer), Cameron Cohn (Santa Monica College), Yame Butler (transfer), Ty Perry (Buffalo), Chris Austin (Portland), Julian Dozier, Jr. (transfer), Onyinyechi Eyisi (Cal State Northridge) and Mason Williams (transfer).

George Mason:  AJ Wilson (South Carolina), Bahaide Haidara (St. Francis - Brooklyn), Greg Calixte (Bryant), Jordan Miller (Miami - #82), Javon Green (South Florida), Tyler Kolek (Marquette - #93), Ian Boyd (transfer), Lysander Rhenstrom (Navy), Tyler Brelsford (Bryant) , Mehki McCray (transfer) and Josh Oduro (transfer).  

George Washington:  Jamieson Battle (Minnesota - #66), Jameer Nelson Jr. (Delaware), Maceo Jack (Buffalo), Javier Langarica (transfer), Ace Stallings (transfer), Sloan Seymour (New Hampshire), Chase Paar (Towson), Matthew Moyer (PRO) and Lincoln Ball (American).

La Salle:  Jared Kimbrough (Hartford), Scott Spencer (Tulane), David Beatty (North Carolina A&T), Ayinde Hikim (Umass-Lowell) and Brandon Stone (Robert Morris).

Umass:  Tre Mitchell (Texas - # 4), Carl Pierre (Rice),  Ronnie DeGray III (Missouri) and Mark Gasperini (senior).

Rhode Island: Fatts Russell (Maryland - #36), DeVale (DJ) Johnson (transfer), Jermaine Harris (New Mexico State) and Jeremy Sheppard (senior).

Richmond:  Blake Francis (PRO), Andre Weir (Florida Gulf Coast) and Nick Sherrod (senior).

St. Joseph's:  Ryan Daly (senior), Anthony Longpre (senior), Ethan Griffith (transfer), Jordan Hall (Rescinded his transfer notice to Texas A&M and will return to St. Joes.) and Myles Douglas (Morgan State).

Saint Louis:  Jordan Goodwin (PRO), Hasahn French (PRO - Greece), Phil Russell (Southeast MO State), Jimmy Bell Jr (Moberly CC) and Demarius Jacobs (Ball State).

St. Bonaventure:  Jalen Shaw (transfer), Alejandro Vasquez (Hofstra), Justin Winston (Robert Morris), Quentin Metcalf (Pratt Community College), Jermaine Taggart (transfer), Eddie Creel (Lindenwood), Alpha Okoli (transfer), Josh Bell (transfer) and Anthony Roberts (Stony Brook).

Virginia Commonwealth:  Brendan Medley-Bacon (McNeese State), Tre Clark (Tallahassee CC) and Corey Douglas (senior)

INCOMING/RETURNING:

Davidson:  Michael Katsock (Walk On) and Foster Loyer (Michigan).

Dayton: Toumani Camara (Georgia - #54), Kobe Elvis (DePaul)  and Richard Amaefule (East Tennessee State).

Duquesne: Tre Williams (Indiana State), Pedro Castro (Houston Baptist), RJ Gunn (Lenoir-Rhyne), Kevin Easley, Jr. (TCU) and Leon Ayers III (Mercer).

Fordham:  Patrick Kelly (Penn State), Antonio Daye Jr (Florida International), DJ Gordon (Penn State), Kam'Ron Cunningham (Mississippi Valley State) and Darius Quisenberry (Youngstown State).

George Mason: D'Shawn Schwatrz (Colorado), DeVon Cooper (Morehead State) and Davonte Gaines (Tennessee).

George Washington:  Ira Lee (Arizona), Joe Bamisile (VA Tech), Bryan Knapp (Cornell), Brendan Adams (Uconn), Qwanzi Sameuls (Florida Gulf Coast) and Tyler Warner (walk-on).

La Salle: Mamadou Doucore (Rutgers) and Josh Nickelberry (Louisville).

Umass:  Michael Steadman (Montana), Trent Buttrick (Penn State), Rich Kelly (Boston College) and  CJ Kelly (Albany).

Richmond:  Jacob Gilyard (returning senior), Grant Golden (returning senior), Nick Sherrod (returning senior) and Nathan Cayo (returning senior).

Rhode Island: Ishamel El-Amin (Ball Sate)

St. Joseph's:  Ejike Obinna (Vanderbilt) and Charles Coleman (East Carolina).

St. Bonaventure:  Quadry Adams (Wake Forest) and Abdul Karim Coulibaly (Pittsburgh).

Saint Louis: Javonte Perkins (returning senior), Rashad Williams (Oakland), DeAndre Jones (Central Arkansas) and Jordan Nesbitt (Memphis).

VCU: Levi Stockard III (returning senior), Marcus Tsoshonis (Washington),  and Jimmy Nichols Jr. (Providence).

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brendan Adams from UConn is heading to GW.

R.J. Gunn from Lenoir-Rhyne is going to Duquesne, and I think you have Ryan Murphy (Tulane) going the wrong direction; he's incoming.

Updated.  @Pistol:  I have Ryan Murphy listed as a senior at Duquesne.  He was at Pitt, declared for Tulane, then came over and played this year for the Dukes.  I assume that makes him now in need of a decision .... take the extra yearo r move on.  So far, no declaration in the Murphy camp.  Murphy played in 9 games for the Dukes this year at 13 mpg and 3.2 ppg.

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Updated.  @Pistol:  I have Ryan Murphy listed as a senior at Duquesne.  He was at Pitt, declared for Tulane, then came over and played this year for the Dukes.  I assume that makes him now in need of a decision .... take the extra yearo r move on.  So far, no declaration in the Murphy camp.  Murphy played in 9 games for the Dukes this year at 13 mpg and 3.2 ppg.

Gotcha. The portal is an ongoing thing so he's probably in there from before and I had forgotten his name (mostly because he played sparingly and we didn't see DU this year).

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Gotcha. The portal is an ongoing thing so he's probably in there from before and I had forgotten his name (mostly because he played sparingly and we didn't see DU this year).

I have no idea on what his future plans are, but Ryan Murphy was a mid-season add for the Dukes as a Grad Transfer.  The Dukes lost several Feb games to covid, and I believe Murphy reaggravated an elbow injury, taking him out of one or two more.  Hence, he only played in a handful of games.

6 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it...but I am hearing Hyland (VCU) will be declaring for the NBA draft.

The VCU fan board expects him to go.  They also were floating a rumor that he was going to transfer, but very few believe he will do that.

I have seen him on a few draft boards, as a second rounder this year.  He is being listed as a scoring first point guard rather than a facilitator. Weight and muscle are listed as issues.  His reach and quickness are mentioned on the plus side.  Stated that he had trouble playing zone, but 'won't be a negative' playing man.  I have seen him as high as 10th PG on the NBA list.  He played PG for the Rams his freshman year, but gave way to Baldwin this past season.

He might be a second round pick this draft, or a second round pick next draft.  If he thinks he can be a second rounder this year he should go.  Most second rounders this past draft got two way contracts, for just under half a million.  He undoubtedly is talking with agents to assess his status.  It will be interesting to see if he jumps.

Coach314 likes this

Cayo is returning for the super senior year at Richmond:

Gilyard already announced he is returning as well.  He should easily set the NCAA career steals record.

Gilyard, Cayo, and Burton is a very solid top 3 in the A10.  Richmond won't take the massive step back that was expected if they lost all their seniors.

I'm not sure if Francis, Golden, or Sherod have made any kind of announcement.  It would seem more likely that they'd return knowing the others are coming back as well, but all 3 of those guys have already spent 5 years in college (Golden RS is 1st year, Francis sat as a transfer, and Sherod RS his Jr year).

if i was stuck in pittsburgh for a year, i would be happy to be going to a frozen tundra monastery.

Sounds like the defensive replacement for Osunniyi.  SBUnfurled is just as bad and overhyped for the Bonnies as we are for the Bills.  They had Jalen Shaw this year and he did nothing much.

Coulibaly will be a force in the A-10. That’s a very solid pick-up for the Bonnies. How does Schmidt do it? 

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

if i was stuck in pittsburgh for a year, i would be happy to be going to a frozen tundra monastery.

The Pittsburgh of the steel mills and the eternal soot is gone, what is there now is a nice, livable city. I had a daughter at Carnegie Mellon and visited Pittsburgh repeatedly for 4 years, I liked it.

billikenbill and HoosierPal like this

Grant Golden returning to Richmond. I expect them to be better next season than they were this year (particularly if Francis ends up returning). Early favorites in the A-10 look like St. Bonaventure (likely the unanimous favorite) with SLU and Richmond on their heels. VCU is a wildcard with Bones almost certainly gone to the draft but I expect them to be strong.

20 minutes ago, NH said:

Grant Golden returning to Richmond. I expect them to be better next season than they were this year (particularly if Francis ends up returning). Early favorites in the A-10 look like St. Bonaventure (likely the unanimous favorite) with SLU and Richmond on their heels. VCU is a wildcard with Bones almost certainly gone to the draft but I expect them to be strong.

A vcu-less Bones isnt very good, middle of the pack maybe. 

As of right now I'd say top 4 is:

Bonnies

SLU

VCU(with bones)

Richmond