This Message Board is Toxic and Stifles Independent Thought

TaLBErt

What the sensitive creator of this thread has no clue of that there are people on this message board that have lived through the tragedy of suicide of a friend or family member and were not offended by Rich’s post.  I am one of those people.

This board can be pretty tough at times I have also experienced that and  in spite of that I love this board and it’s posters.

The creator of the thread has something I consider really special that I do not have and that is a degree from SLU.  

Stop being so stubborn with your right fighting you lost your self righteous moral high ground 3 pages ago.

Bills71 likes this

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, bgtholt88 said:

OP

I am a lurker here, but have posted some throughout the years.

I wouldn’t consider this site toxic or to have any impact on free thought. It’s actually probably the best space online to find the most accurate and updated billiken info you can. It has its flaws.. but it’s a FAN site.

You just don’t like the ideology of the majority of the posters here. Or maybe they don’t like yours. It doesn’t mean you’re wrong. It just means most people here view the team and program differently than you do. but I would say it’s far from free thought oppression or toxic..

if you don’t like it, I would recommend finding a new site or even start a new site if you don’t like the culture. Personally, I don’t disagree with talking MVC. I think it’s a fun topic. But some of the heavy posters here aren’t going to listen to it because it’s been discussed here 1000 times...

I do think somebody telling you to kill yourself is stupid. Even if jest or intended as a bar scene insult.. (Which it was.. and you know it..)

But for liability reasons in today’s environment, it should be deleted. And shouldn’t be said. Unfortunately there are people who might take it serious, that might be struggling with mental illness and suggesting this to anyone you don’t know even as a joke is pretty ignorant. But you seem intelligent enough to realize he was just being an ass hole and didn’t want you to kill yourself over a suggestion on which conference a basketball team should play in.

Can't "good post" that one enough times. Now, what's it going to take to get us back in the MVC? I've had enough of the ECBL including Dayton, Duquesne, the Bonnies, and the high school gyms at Davidson and Fordham. All that needs to be ditched. Bring on SIUC, Loyola, Valpo, and let's get it on with our natural rivals.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Can't "good post" that one enough times. Now, what's it going to take to get us back in the MVC? I've had enough of the ECBL including Dayton, Duquesne, the Bonnies, and the high school gyms at Davidson and Fordham. All that needs to be ditched. Bring on SIUC, Loyola, Valpo, and let's get it on with our natural rivals.

Actually Davidson has a very nice gym. The Belk Arena seats about 5,200. I have been to it. They usually draw pretty good and are competitive.

Now in addition to Fordham, GW, LaSalle & St Joseph's are all HS gyms. I never been to Duquesne or St Bona so can't comment on those two. 

2 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Actually Davidson has a very nice gym. The Belk Arena seats about 5,200. I have been to it. They usually draw pretty good and are competitive.

Now in addition to Fordham, GW, LaSalle & St Joseph's are all HS gyms. I never been to Duquesne or St Bona so can't comment on those two. 

Yes, I think I met you at the Davidson game last year. I just don't like that place with the volleyball court lines, and the fact that we don't win there.

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

Yes, I think I met you at the Davidson game last year. I just don't like that place with the volleyball court lines, and the fact that we don't win there.

Yea Bill, I sat with you & 72. How are you doing? Since we lost Charlotte (which was also called the Belk), I do like to make it to at least one game I can make it back forth the same day. Unfortunately McKillop is one the better coaches in the league.

Belk is like the Staples Center compared to the Philly schools, Fordham and GW. Also the problem with Duquesne and UMASS is no one attends the games. BTW, they don't call the Tom Gola Arena (LaSalle) the mausoleum for nothing.