This Message Board is Toxic and Stifles Independent Thought

TaLBErt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I appreciate your way of looking at it and it’s probably saves you some stress lol. 

You can’t tell me you don’t notice the same people doing it over and over

I definitely notice some people.

I recognize posters more if they have an avatar in their name. 
If it’s just a letter I can glaze over it without noticing. 
Im more likely to go back and look at who posted something if I like the post than if I dislike it.

A10Ref and slufanskip like this

Talbert - I did not see the post in question so I can not comment on it but I have read enough of the thread to have an idea of what was said or at least an idea.  I responded to your conference idea and you were not very open to my somewhat sarcastic post.  You said that it was only an idea and you just wanted to open up discussion.  My response was not attacking and I simply said neither conference would agree to it.  I didn't take your response to be an insult - even though I thought you were a bit thin skinned.  I would suggest that if you start a back and forth with someone multiple times it ultimately will lead to one of you posting something the person will be sorry they said.  I try not to get into prolonged back and forths.

15 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Talbert - I did not see the post in question so I can not comment on it but I have read enough of the thread to have an idea of what was said or at least an idea.  I responded to your conference idea and you were not very open to my somewhat sarcastic post.  You said that it was only an idea and you just wanted to open up discussion.  My response was not attacking and I simply said neither conference would agree to it.  I didn't take your response to be an insult - even though I thought you were a bit thin skinned.  I would suggest that if you start a back and forth with someone multiple times it ultimately will lead to one of you posting something the person will be sorry they said.  I try not to get into prolonged back and forths.

Respectfully, that wasn't me you were chatting with earlier. None the less, point taken.

22 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Yea, I better watch the "If I was that stupid" line. May unknowingly commit me to doing something I really don't want to do. 

C'mon man. You're a smart boy, Skip. You know the difference between "Please make sure you get your entire head in front of the shot gun" and  "If I was that stupid."

... Right?

53 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

C'mon man. You're a smart boy, Skip. You know the difference between "Please make sure you get your entire head in front of the shot gun" and  "If I was that stupid."

... Right?

No. I thought I was serious. And I am that stupid so ... 

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

@SluSignGuy probably time to shut this thread down or delete it entirely.  Nothing good can come out of it.

Aw c'mon. We have so little fun on here. I've been laughing through this thread. The owner never bans trolls (or "guests" from other teams) and that's his right. So it's nice to see some pushback once in a while.

slufanskip likes this

29 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Oh my gosh call the internet police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

@SluSignGuy, this guy has got to go. He simply doesn't get it. Ban the troll.

Show some conviction, Steve. Either:

A.) Come out and publicly condemn this kind of content on your site and do something about it.

Or

B.) Say you're cool with it.

This isn't this guy's first offence. He's called women the "C word" and that's just with a simple "Billiken Rich" Google search. I think my favorite part about that quote is that he could have just let the app censor it, but he didn't want the word to be left to the imagination. This dude deserves the Metz Club.

only if you are over 50. Letterman wins for being apolitical. Leno had super c**t paula poundstone as a political correspondent for a while. Being stomped like narcs at a biker rally is too good for either jay or that gutter ######.

(BTW saying nothing is option B)

11 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

A.) Come out and publicly condemn this kind of content on your site and do something about it.

Or

This isn't this guy's first offence. He's called women the "C word" and that's just with a simple "Billiken Rich" Google search. I think my favorite part about that quote is that he could have just let the app censor it, but he didn't want the word to be left to the imagination. This dude deserves the Metz Club.

Those moments when people become worse than the thing they think they are fighting.

1 hour ago, TaLBErt said:

Or

Wow you sure do have a lot of time on your hands.  I'm guessing that post came off of the old off season board.  There was a bunch of political stuff that escalated pretty dramatically.  That board was incidentally, shut down because of people like you, although we all did get a bit out of hand as you can see. 

If I was a troll and living in my sisters basement and didn't have a job, I'd go through and google you for you at your trolling worst.  As it happens real life is more important than shining light on your stupidity.  I'm done bandying words with a witless worm.......

Wow, just logged on for the 1st time today. Looks like I missed a lot. Just my 2 cents: @TaLBErtIS a troll! He says things intentionally trying to get under people’s skin on this board. That being said, he doesn’t deserve to be told to kill himself. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that @Billiken Richdid NOT mean it literally. People absolutely do say stuff like that sarcastically all the time. The reason things like that make me uncomfortable is because I suffer from mental illness, I’ve had a few acquaintances commit suicide. I know that @Billiken Rich didn’t mean what he said, but you never know how the other person is going to take it, or what they might be going through. Now, it’s the first day of the tournament, can we all move on now?

BuiltFordBills likes this

9 hours ago, TaLBErt said:

Yes! I absolutely believe he wanted that! Who says something like that in jest?! What a messed up thing to joke about!

Dude, stop playing the victim here.  It seems like you are one of those types that gets off on telling stories about every time you think you’ve been wronged.

If I’m in a bar talking sports with someone and things get heated and the guy tells me to go eff myself, I don’t think that he actually means that he wants me to do that.

if you are so offended by someone’s comment to you on a message board, you should probably stop going to message boards.