NIT Games Discussion Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NIT Fever, Catch It. The NIT is a virtual A10 Invitational, with 4 A10 teams of the 16, 25% of the field. Thus, the A10 remains a "multi-bid league."

Last night the roster depleted Richmond Spiders rallied to beat Toledo 76-66. Western Kentucky eliminated the Galloping Gaels of St. Mary's 69-67, winning on FT's after a blocking foul on SMC after a wild WKU drive to the hoop, this immediately after the SMC point guard Tommy Kuhse (pronounced Cousy) dribbled into traffic, committing a key turnover at crunch time. Kuhse did register a Double Double with 17 points and 11 assists. 

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I guess Golden is done for Richmond. Not enough incentive to play. 

I didn't do a bracket but both of these went the way I figured. Nice betting payout :)

He is having surgery on his left hand.  Did you see the mitt he had on that hand?

28 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

This board has a bit of a St. Mary's obsession.

I thought so too.  More people picked St. Mary's than Western Kentucky (29-22, see below), but it was not as overwhelming as I expected given the board's decades long discussion of Randy Bennett

Predictions.png

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

51-0 on the SLU pick, gotta love it.

surprised actually considering we have 3-4 true billiken haters that post here regularly.    then add in a couple of people that want to prove how smart they are would have thought a few would have had us losing. 

Just now, billiken_roy said:

surprised actually considering we have 3-4 true billiken haters that post here regularly.    then add in a couple of people that want to prove how smart they are would have thought a few would have had us losing. 

You are assumming that the haters are smart enough figure out the bracket software...

billiken_roy likes this

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Maybe they didn't participate. They're typically just here to troll.

For what it's worth, MSU is a tough matchup for us. If there were money on the line, there's one way to give yourself a lane.

Also surprised to see 50-1 for Ole Miss.

I had WKU and Toledo last night. Toledo sure blew it.

Richmond also played without Blake Francis.  I think both are done for the year.  Toldeo's Spencer Littleson, who shot nearly 50% from three all year, took the night off by going 2 of 5 from deep.  This from a guy who jacks about 10 threes per game.  He took 218 the entire year prior to last night.  The team as a whole shot 23% and their leading scorer Marreon Jackson scored 10 on 1 of 6 shooting.  Richmoind is now down to their big three ... Cayo, Gilyard and a developing Burton.  I am surprised they won.  I figured with Golden and Francis out, they'd be out.  We know who they are; they know who we are.  Need to get there first.

8 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

And if you back out the math, 48/51 people have SLU in the third round.

My thinking is they either blow the first round game or make it to the finals.

I don’t think we will see anything else.

My guess is finals.

55 minutes ago, Pistol said:

51-0 on the SLU pick, gotta love it.

19 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

And if you back out the math, 48/51 people have SLU in the third round.

I kind of briefly thought "If I really wanted to increase my odds of winning this things, I'd pick against SLU because I'd probably be the only one who does*" as I was filling out the bracket, then I was like "F that noise - SLU NIT CHAMPS, BABY!"

* - not so much that I think SLU loses, but even if they win it is very unlikely I'd have a better bracket than the other 50 people who picked them.