2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Slugfest start for UCLA Michigan game.

Been a slugfest the whole way. Bruins up one with 2:26 left.

20 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Is Spokane the West Coast? 

Yes.  Just like Charlotte is the east coast.

13 hours ago, A10Ref said:

Suggs is the master at extending an arm to get contact... surprised the refs didn't call it. He's elite on all levels with that sort of gamesmanship.

13 hours ago, A10Ref said:

Suggs is the master at extending an arm to get contact... surprised the refs didn't call it. He's elite on all levels with that sort of gamesmanship.

this morning on espn they asked jay bilas how gonzaga loses?   his response, "they have a bad shooting night".

the eye roll on this is the fact all gonzaga shoots is layups.   i think jay needs to find a better answer, because i seriously doubt gonzaga misses 80% of their layups Saturday or Monday. 

imo, gonzag appears bulletproof and the "no one has went undefeated since booby knight in 1976" is going to be retired.   what that program has become is actually amazing considering the deck is so stacked towards the blue bloods and p5 conferences.   granted it has taken 3 decades to climb this mountain, but it was a steady upwards climb and besides kudos to few, applause for the gonzaga administration and BoT who had the patience and foresight to stick with few and make this happen.  

now i have totally jinxed them and ucla wins on a buzzer beater Saturday.  😁   

59 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I can’t believe Oregon was never able to get Mark few back. Imagine Oregon’s money and Mark Few at the helm. 

In the last eight tournaments Dana Altman has advanced at least to the Sweet 16 five times, at least the Elite 8 twice and the Final Four once.  Would Few have done better? Maybe, but Altman has been super successful at Oregon.  

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I can’t believe Oregon was never able to get Mark few back. Imagine Oregon’s money and Mark Few at the helm. 

I don’t get this comment. Gonzaga is as dominant right now as any program could be. With the win last night, Gonzaga became the first team EVER to win 30 games in five consecutive seasons.