2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

3 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

I’m surprised the committee didn’t have Loyola vs Houston 1st round

I hate to say that’s what they will do next year, but I imagine they will play with match ups as much as possible to protect against mid major upsets. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I hate to say that’s what they will do next year, but I imagine they will play with match ups as much as possible to protect against mid major upsets. 

Houston is a 2 seed and for them to match Loyola with them in the first round they would have to make them a 15 seed and that was too much of a stretch.  

4 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

This argument has never made sense to me. Pairing mid-majors in the opening round only guarantees one will advance.

I'm rooting for Porter to stay at Loyola.  If it becomes the hip thing for quality mid major coaches to stay, that would go a long way to increasing parity throughout college basketball.  Taking over a million dollars a year to coach in relatively low pressure situations really is a great job.

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

Dance Masters have really screwed up with this round's game times. Look forward to 1/2 hour of nothing coming up then 5 games starting from 4:15-8:40 on 4 channels most of time will be 3 games @ once. 

Yeah I don’t understand that programming at all. Really odd scheduling set up today.

1 hour ago, Lando Griffin said:

Underwood’s coaching took a bit of a hit there.  My god they weren’t prepared and made no adjustments. 

Underwood was a distinct disadvantage going up against Porter Moser!

2 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

Loyola is actually a team the network doesn’t mind advancing.  There is a good story that draws in viewers with Sister Jean.

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Loyola is actually a team the network doesn’t mind advancing.  There is a good story that draws in viewers with Sister Jean.

This is so true. My parents became big bandwagon Loyola fans in 2018 and hoped on the bandwagon again when Loyola played Drake in the regular season.  And Sister Jean is to blame.

4 hours ago, almaman said:

There are other reasons to see for moving to MVC imo. Roots is main reason I would like moving, integrity geographically and historically next. Mainly the former, every game is doable. If Liddle the current was here his family could make it to most games and be home by 2. And of course Arch Madness.

Just no.....not ever.....

5 hours ago, almaman said:

There are other reasons to see for moving to MVC imo. Roots is main reason I would like moving, integrity geographically and historically next. Mainly the former, every game is doable. If Liddle the current was here his family could make it to most games and be home by 2. And of course Arch Madness.

If Liddle ( you mean Liddell ) the current was here. That’s funny. You’re making an argument based upon a hypothetical that had no chance of happening.

it really this simple 6 teams in the A10 ranked better than the 3rd best team in the Valley. 10 A10 teams in the top 150, 4 from the Valley.

2 Tourney teams from the Valley the next best just squeezed into the top 100. 

16 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Thoughts? Maybe he should donate this money to SLU for screwing them out of the tournament. I would recommend he never show his face at The Chaifetz. 

He should ask Denkinger for some advice, because even HE never umpired a game in STL again after Game 6.

Just caught up with today’s scores, OMG Illinois looses to Loyola wow.

Texas out, WV out, Ohio State out, Purdue out.

Go Loyola win it all.

50 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

If Liddle ( you mean Liddell ) the current was here. That’s funny. You’re making an argument based upon a hypothetical that had no chance of happening.

it really this simple 6 teams in the A10 ranked better than the 3rd best team in the Valley. 10 A10 teams in the top 150, 4 from the Valley.

2 Tourney teams from the Valley the next best just squeezed into the top 100. 

Love the Valley but that would be a step down for SLU.

AGB91 and A10Ref like this

10 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Rutgers pacing with Houston early.  They win Loyola’s bracket would be wide open.

Arky just can’t shake Tech

Tech missed 2 close shots in the last 2 possessions to lose.

Houston struggling against Rutgers down 7 with 5 minutes left.

Loyola is the top team in a top 12 conference.  But what are we to make of all these teams from low major conferences, some who didn't even win their regular season, some with no basketball history to speak of, beating top teams from power conferences?  Is this a one year deal or will this become the new norm?