2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

2 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Like I said yesterday..if only Porter would've hung one more year.  Crews is never hired, and well, things might be a lot different now.  What an absolute clinic.  And now he will have a week to prepare for whoever is next. That would scare me if I was the other coach. 

I agree completely. Honestly, we couldn’t have been put in a worse position with majerus sick his last year and producing a horrible recruiting class because he was sick - John manning.  Then an interim coach winning national coach of the year.... esp with that coach being he who shall not be named. I mean we can make excuses all day, but wow that sucked. Glad we’re past that, and their is excitement in midtown. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Big 10 is so overrated my goodness. 

i prefer to beleive that loyola and other mid majors that are winning are better than the snob media want to say.   

dennis_w and willie like this

4 minutes ago, STLfan said:

If Moser stays at Loyola after this year he likely isn’t leaving anytime soon. If Loyola does hang on to him it is time for the A10 to add Loyola.

It will be very interesting.

Porter Moster basically has tenure at Loyola and earns $1.2 million.

No way he goes to Indiana.

He can double his salary at Marquette but the pressure...

Loyola has two families that have been kicking in money so I expect his salary to go up $500K.

Just now, billiken_roy said:

i prefer to beleive that loyola and other mid majors that are winning are better than the snob media want to say.   

I haven’t kept track of how successful their analysis has been in the past.....but the analytics boys at 538 said this Loyola team rated better than the their Final Four team about a month ago.

3 minutes ago, WUH said:

Loyola has two families that have been kicking in money so I expect his salary to go up $500K.

Every tweet involving Marquette basketball right now includes either the words Porter or Moser.

2 minutes ago, WUH said:

Everyone will be hunting him down.  He’ll have his choice I think with this performance.  I hope Loyola can keep him! 

6 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

How bout that game boys woooo

Moser is a hell of a coach.

Correction: A HELLUVA COACH - He’s Majerus with a personality.

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

Correction: A HELLUVA COACH - He’s Majerus with a personality.

this is a great description  

Just now, Lando Griffin said:

Ayo couldn’t get going and was basically nonexistent and they just wouldn’t feed Kofi and I don’t know why.

They also had NO answer for the pic and roll.

@brianstland I are a little vindicated I feel like.  Y’all were giving us some heat ha! 

Let the madness continue!!!

Oh I was definitely proved wrong. This win in my mind is by far his most impressive. 

40 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Too good for that, remember ? Just like we were too good to consider Moser for the HC job.

15 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Like I said yesterday..if only Porter would've hung one more year.  Crews is never hired, and well, things might be a lot different now.  What an absolute clinic.  And now he will have a week to prepare for whoever is next. That would scare me if I was the other coach. 

Love the revisionist history on “Porter should’ve been our HC”. Joelabs is right, it was just terrible timing that Loyola hired him right before Majerus got sick. He also didn’t have a conference record over .500 until his SEVENTH season at Loyola. Crazy considering how good he’s been lately:

9AF0610A-B041-4665-9632-7A3F0FD7A5C4.thumb.jpeg.d4cb97943acbef8bb408c7f168a97348.jpeg

13 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Love the revisionist history on “Porter should’ve been our HC”. Joelabs is right, it was just terrible timing that Loyola hired him right before Majerus got sick. He also didn’t have a conference record over .500 until his SEVENTH season at Loyola. Crazy considering how good he’s been lately:

9AF0610A-B041-4665-9632-7A3F0FD7A5C4.thumb.jpeg.d4cb97943acbef8bb408c7f168a97348.jpeg

Fourth season. It is right in that image. 

That said, you make a great point, outside of two seasons his record has been average. Like .600 in a good year. It is hard to believe, considering he just ran circles around Underwood.

13 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I think the revisionist history is what has made me hyper critical and defensive towards porter, and that’s definitely my fault. Gotta take it with a grain of salt.  Heard just last week from a slu grad and he said “you know Majerus told May that porter should be the coach when he was dying and porter was at Slu. Now look at where they are. Shame.” And I was taken aback about how inaccurate his portrayal was (porter long gone with a 10 win team) and how easily we (collective we - I’m sure I do this) cling to rumors or unrealistic thoughts that support opinions without any fact. 

I plan on turning the page and rooting for porter while not take the revisionist history as anything other than what it is. 

Kudos to Loyola and clearly it appears I was on the wrong side of that argument. I had them about where they were seeded. Brian and some others had them as better. I would stand by their seeding as I don’t believe their resume supported better. However, I think this makes it clear they are a top 20 team at a minimum. 

7 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Kudos to Loyola and clearly it appears I was on the wrong side of that argument. I had them about where they were seeded. Brian and some others had them as better. I would stand by their seeding as I don’t believe their resume supported better. However, I think this makes it clear they are a top 20 team at a minimum. 

Their resume wasn’t pretty but what you saw today was pretty much what they were doing all year.  That’s why I knew they could do it.

honestly still wish they would’ve not been seeded an 8/9 but hey they got the path now to make another final four appearance if they play like they did today! 

slufanskip likes this

30 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Ayo couldn’t get going and was basically nonexistent and they just wouldn’t feed Kofi and I don’t know why.

They also had NO answer for the pic and roll.

@brianstland I are a little vindicated I feel like.  Y’all were giving us some heat ha! 

Let the madness continue!!!

Well they fed Kofi in the 1st half and it ended up hurting them because Loyola was prepared or it. The game was basically over when it started working in the 2nd half.

16 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Fourth season. It is right in that image. 

That said, you make a great point, outside of two seasons his record has been average. Like .600 in a good year. It is hard to believe, considering he just ran circles around Underwood.

4th season he had a winning record overall while going 8-10 in the MVC. 

14 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

CBS wanted that Illini win so bad.  I mean at half time and then my God with like 3 min left up 11 they were like ohhhh here it comes Illini for the victory! 

It’s hard to believe Nantz has more hair than the aptly-named Krautwig.