2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

It’s sad to see the lack of tournament success for the A10...who last made a run....LaSalle?

To be fair Dayton was robbed of a great chance at a serious run last year.

10 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Too good for that, remember ? Just like we were too good to consider Moser for the HC job.

I mean if we give Travis 7 years then we can compare. Y7 was moser’s dream team and first ncaa. I like our trajectory personally, and I think we are better next year... but that’s just me and I know is counter to your MO. 

20 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Loyola defense is great but their offense has so much more of a purpose than ours. The board loves to criticize our guys for their lack of doing anything on offense but maybe it's the system 

Bullseye. The RM influence. System comes first then fill in the positions. When you have the whole Chicago population and Jesuit credibility seems like good situation to be in. It ain't Spokane.

TaLBErt likes this

4 minutes ago, ARon said:

I’m sure Marquette’s AD is getting pestered by boosters about Porter every 20 seconds or so.

Yep. The Marquette guys I work with have been saying Porter will be their next head coach since Woj got canned. They know nothing, but who knows.

This is the most insane March madness I’ve ever seen. These Loyola boys deserve all the love, but I really hope the Illinois guys don’t get trashed. The Liddell death threats are repulsive and abhorrent, and I’m sure the same will be directed at Illinois. Props to all the unpaid entertainment. 

almaman likes this

If Moser stays at Loyola after this year he likely isn’t leaving anytime soon. If Loyola does hang on to him it is time for the A10 to add Loyola.

It would help bridge the gap between SLU and Dayton, add another good program to the conference, and couldn’t hurt recruiting in Illinois/Chicago for us to have a game there every year.

Either add them on there own or bring Drake or Bradley with them to get to 16 teams.

A west pod with Dayton, Loyola, SLU, and either Bradley or Drake would be great.

Like I said yesterday..if only Porter would've hung one more year.  Crews is never hired, and well, things might be a lot different now.  What an absolute clinic.  And now he will have a week to prepare for whoever is next. That would scare me if I was the other coach.