2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With UCLA often playing so late, I forgot how well a Cronin team always plays.  

I think those late start times probably caused people to not realize the PAC is back.  They might not have a title contender, but this isn’t the PAC 12 we have become accustomed to recently.

Terrible sports day for me,  I drive all the way to Frisco to watch SLU lose then my other alma mater goes down to a newly D1 in state program.

Will the Big XII championship be enough to save Shaka's job?  Remember there's an * as KU conceded a game so they were fresh playing OSU.  

Bracket is busted.  Calling up the VA counselors now....

Shaka just got badly outcoached. Abilene knew they couldn't run with the longhorns. So they turned the game into a scrum. They didn't even care if they would have empty trips. Ran the shot clock down and took a bad shot knowing they could defend on the other end.  Best takeaway team in the country. 

10 hours ago, A10Ref said:

Also, sorry I know league winning is good for all of us, but I for one loved the Bona loss and the VCU no contest. A10 is ran horribly and the VCU no contest shows how shite the ncaa is. Should have had a replacement team. 

Yeah really wonder if VCU swept that first positive under the rug until Wednesday and tried to ride it out. 

Watching this Porter coached Team right now... I don’t watch a bunch of other teams throughout the year and this is the first Ive seen Loyola play. Two takeaways. Krutwig is a physical anomaly! And Porter truly is a Majerus lite.

SluSignGuy and Bizziken like this

18 minutes ago, BJK said:

Watching this Porter coached Team right now... I don’t watch a bunch of other teams throughout the year and this is the first Ive seen Loyola play. Two takeaways. Krutwig is a physical anomaly! And Porter truly is a Majerus lite.

Porter Moser was good enough to get a job, but not keep it until he worked for Majerus. No question.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Porter taking Underwood to school right now.  Underwood might be the most overrated game coach around.  The Illini should get back into this game because they have so much more talent, but Loyola has put on a clinic so far.

So right, Illini down 12 and the refs give them a bail out call on an out of control shot.

Watching Loyola makes me miss not just coach Majerus but Majerus-ball here.

Ford has had some solid defenses sure.  But rarely have the kind of games anymore where we are holding good teams without a FG for 5-8 minutes at a time.

WUH likes this