2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Loyola, I’m all in on ditching the East Coast Bus League for the MVC. Let’s dominate Arch Madness!!

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I know this has been discussed plenty of times and no one at SLU could control this, but just imagine if Porter had hung on at SLU for one more year... Rick Dies, Porter takes over instead of Crews...where is the program right now????

Where Davidson is?  There was a Loyola before them in the MVC called Wichita State.  Before that it was Dana Altman's Creighton squads, before him Bruce Weber/Matt Painter/Chris Lowery SIU squads.  It's harder to dominate in the A10.  There's a half dozen teams you're battling instead of 2 or 3 in the MVC.  

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Very true. It makes you wonder if it is better to be the Gonzaga or Loyola of a crap conference then try and float to the top of a crowded high mid major

Depends on whether your coach stays or not.  If your coach is a lifer, you'll dominate for a long time.  If he leaves for the big money, you're stuck in a crap conference.

RUBillsFan likes this

5 minutes ago, WUH said:

Mean Green, baby!

Purdue goes down.

Bad day for the best conference in the country.

I am opening up my cabin at the lake and missed Ohio State going down to Oral Roberts.  Your post made me check ESPN holy crap my bracket got busted.

Big 10 over rated!  

Go mean green I love it

WUH likes this

35 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I am opening up my cabin at the lake and missed Ohio State going down to Oral Roberts.  Your post made me check ESPN holy crap my bracket got busted.

Big 10 over rated!  

Go mean green I love it

No one has ever talked more about their lake house. I hope you’re enjoying it.

4 hours ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

I’m not pro mask by any means but I find it funny how NCAA allows Patsner to wear a face shield. Ain’t no virus getting around that! Lol

Well I think the face shield is to direct the virus to his sideburns where it is safely trapped protecting Pastner and those around him. TBH using masks at this level of competition is more optics than anything. 

9 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Well I think the face shield is to direct the virus to his sideburns where it is safely trapped protecting Pastner and those around him. TBH using masks at this level of competition is more optics than anything. 

I agree. It’s all optics when players and staff are tested everyday. Plus half the coaches don’t wear them correctly anyway

54 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

No one has ever talked more about their lake house. I hope you’re enjoying it.

With only 490 posts are you sure?