2021 NCAA Tournament Discussion

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Committee  should be really  proud of taking Drake over us.  What an embarrassing team.

I tried to say it. There only win was vs Loyola where they were 1-2

However, the Valley was smart and had them go to Mo State and Ind St twice each so they get 4 quad 2 wins despite Mo St being 97 net and Ind St 120 net. 

Loyola the same thing 2-1 vs Drake but they lost a couple of crap conference games plus they went 1-3 vs tourney teams in non con. Losing # Wisc and at home vs Richmond and beating mighty N texas St at home. 

The Valley is the mid major Big 10. 

25 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I tried to say it. There only win was vs Loyola where they were 1-2

However, the Valley was smart and had them go to Mo State and Ind St twice each so they get 4 quad 2 wins despite Mo St being 97 net and Ind St 120 net. 

Loyola the same thing 2-1 vs Drake but they lost a couple of crap conference games plus they went 1-3 vs tourney teams in non con. Losing # Wisc and at home vs Richmond and beating mighty N texas St at home. 

The Valley is the mid major Big 10. 

Loyola far better than Drake.  Moser has built a machine there.

By the way lost a couple of crap conference games? They lost two total, one to Drake, the other to a solid Indiana State team.  I get your SLU bias but at least do the research.

10 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

By the way lost a couple of crap conference games? They lost two total, one to Drake, the other to a solid Indiana State team.  I get your SLU bias but at least do the research.

I don't get the "Moser has built a machine"... I get the Caldarella run was awesome, and I could only dream of that (caveat their best win was against a four seed - so maybe if Majerus' team played LIU Brooklyn instead of MSU diff story as UVA lost in their bracket)... That was his first NCAA appearance in 7 years (according to this board 1 in 5 (4) is grounds for firing even inheriting a dumpster fire). Those previous years his teams were mediocre... and now this is his second tournament in four* years (asterisk because last year doesn't count but hard to imagine UNI not winning that tourney). All in all, to me that isn't a monster, but it is a solid program given it's low expectations. To compare that school to what a "monster" could be in the MO Valley with horrendous facilities - SIUC from 2000-2007.

I will give you "Moser has marketed his program really well"

8 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I don't get the "Moser has built a machine"... I get the Caldarella run was awesome, and I could only dream of that (caveat their best win was against a four seed - so maybe if Majerus' team played LIU Brooklyn instead of MSU diff story as UVA lost in their bracket)... That was his first NCAA appearance in 7 years (according to this board 1 in 5 (4) is grounds for firing even inheriting a dumpster fire). Those previous years his teams were mediocre... and now this is his second tournament in four* years (asterisk because last year doesn't count but hard to imagine UNI not winning that tourney). All in all, to me that isn't a monster, but it is a solid program given it's low expectations. To compare that school to what a "monster" could be in the MO Valley with horrendous facilities - SIUC from 2000-2007.

I will give you "Moser has marketed his program really well"

Not sure he marketed anything.  He just recruited the right guys and won. If anything sister Jean is a bigger name than he is in that program.  He’s drastically improved the facilities and the school made the right move moving to the Mo Valley and getting that school to drastically upgrade their facilities.  Compared to the high school gun they use to have. 

He had some success at this first stop Arky State and fell flat at ILL State and learned a ton from Rick Majeraus when he was here and have turned Loyola around.  Now he’s got it humming and is in the running for a lot of big time names. 

Look I’m pissed SLU didn’t make it either but my God there are a lot of you that just sound like the jilted lover.  Lol.  

billikenbill likes this

3 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Not sure he marketed anything.  He just recruited the right guys and won. If anything sister Jean is a bigger name than he is in that program.  He’s drastically improved the facilities and the school made the right move moving to the Mo Valley and getting that school to drastically upgrade their facilities.  Compared to the high school gun they use to have. 

He had some success at this first stop Arky State and fell flat at ILL State and learned a ton from Rick Majeraus when he was here and have turned Loyola around.  Now he’s got it humming and is in the running for a lot of big time names. 

Look I’m pissed SLU didn’t make it either but my God there are a lot of you that just sound like the jilted lover.  Lol.  

I am just saying he doesn't have a "machine" and gave you some reasons why... I don't think that makes me a jilted lover lol but to each their own

Those are two bad teams.  Give Drake credit for their comeback  tho.  They sucked the least 

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

Those are two bad teams.  Give Drake credit for their comeback  tho.  They sucked the least 

helluva comeback... Mobley might have some fun for USC on saturday. Take his over in points if you could get the prop bet

15 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I am just saying he doesn't have a "machine" and gave you some reasons why... I don't think that makes me a jilted lover lol but to each their own

3 Straight Reg Season Champs

2x MVC Tournament 

2 of the last three times tournament team and a Final Four appearance.

As a SLU fan I’d gladly take that. 

To each their own tho!  With your outlook you must’ve made that phantom foul call in the VCU game lol! 

1 hour ago, Lando Griffin said:

Your right it was just one conference game besides Drake. My bad I got them confused with Drakes loss at Valpo. However That doesn't change anything.  120th Net Indiana St, You can call that solid. 

So back to you. What again were their Q1 and Q2 wins? 

I can help. Both quad 1 wins are vs Drake. That's it they have no other quad 1 wins. 

The Q2 Wins #59 N Texas at home. 97 Mo State away twice and 120 Ind St away. 

The Q1 losses Wisc and Drake both away

The Q2 losses Richmond at home and yes the Solid Ind St on the road. 

They played 1 game against a team with a net better than 45 and they lost by double digits. 3 out od conference games to teams in the top 75 of the net rankings and they went 1-2 and 2 of those 3 were 59 and 67 both at home. 

Porter has built a solid squad but the 8/9 seed is about right. Sure it's a machine. 

Looks to me like the bias belongs with you. 

1 hour ago, Lando Griffin said:

Btw I agree Loyola far better than Drake so what

My intent wasn't that Loyola shouldn't be in. It is however that they haven't done anything to earn a ranking of 10 in any poll. They are a good team but they haven't beaten anyone unless you count Drake and N Texas as big wins. 

4 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

3 Straight Reg Season Champs

2x MVC Tournament 

2 of the last three times tournament team and a Final Four appearance.

As a SLU fan I’d gladly take that. 

To each their own tho!  With your outlook you must’ve made that phantom foul call in the VCU game lol! 

I mean the regular season counted last year, so not 3 straight, but I get what you mean 3/4 is great. I just don't think we woulda given him the time he got there to turn it around and looking at entire body of work isn't a machine, but this is a "what have you done for me lately business" Would love to see him get a big job, him have massive success there, and you make me eat crow.

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

I mean the regular season counted last year, so not 3 straight, but I get what you mean 3/4 is great. I just don't think we woulda given him the time he got there to turn it around and looking at entire body of work isn't a machine, but this is a "what have you done for me lately business" Would love to see him get a big job, him have massive success there, and you make me eat crow.

lol I missed many periods in that one... Will be interesting to see how Loyola does in this tourney with a team that had a better winning percentage than 17/18.