Official NIT Hype Thread

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I hope that next season Rammer and Earl travel to away games as they, especially Rammer, were not as good as when they are at the games

-I understand it is difficult to call a basketball game using a feed and they did the best they could with the circumstances

Yes it was difficult for the guys on the radio, and on the TV.  I don't know if their basketball experience was the same as baseball, but Danny Mac said he has one extra camera to view that the public does not see.  He still said there is a lot of anticipation on many of his calls, with some guesswork involved.  Probably the same for Rammer and Earl.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Without Perkins and Jimerson both hitting shots, it's tough for us to beat long teams who can defend the rim.  Teams have discovered that Jimerson is easy to defend.  And Goodwin is going to try to score inside no matter how tall the opposition is.  Most of the time that works, sometimes it doesn't. 

This is not a good matchup for us.  We need to force them into mistakes, which they are prone to do.

As much as I love Has, he is a one dimensional offensive player. As sulfan13 was saying, our offense flowed easier without early in the year. Now, with his ability to attack the rim (which is superior, but can't do much else), our offense as a whole can struggle. Has helps pack the lane even more for a defense given he has zero chance at the mid-range.

3 hours ago, A10Ref said:

As much as I love Has, he is a one dimensional offensive player. As sulfan13 was saying, our offense flowed easier without early in the year. Now, with his ability to attack the rim (which is superior, but can't do much else), our offense as a whole can struggle. Has helps pack the lane even more for a defense given he has zero chance at the mid-range.

He's limited in range but he is a good passer out of the block.  So I have no problem with the game plan to be work the ball to him if there's a shot take it,  if not pass back out hopefully to an open shooter or reset. 

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

He's limited in range but he is a good passer out of the block.  So I have no problem with the game plan to be work the ball to him if there's a shot take it,  if not pass back out hopefully to an open shooter or reset. 

You're not wrong that he is a good passer, but I think his tendency to put his head down and plug the lane can be detrimental to the offense we need to run with our holistic personnel. He is definitely the best big we have and I hope he tears the rim off in the NIT to finish his tremendous, record-breaking career, but I think next year our offense will be much smoother and more efficient.

We need Has doing damage in the middle. Posting up and being aggressive to the rim but moving the ball when he has no opportunity or there’s a wide open shooter. The biggest cause of the lane being clogged at times against the Bills isn’t Has its the fact we take just 18.5 3’s per game. Without that inside game we will continue to average just 7 ish 3’s a game. 

3 hours ago, A10Ref said:

You're not wrong that he is a good passer, but I think his tendency to put his head down and plug the lane can be detrimental to the offense we need to run with our holistic personnel. He is definitely the best big we have and I hope he tears the rim off in the NIT to finish his tremendous, record-breaking career, but I think next year our offense will be much smoother and more efficient.

We'll be replacing French with a taller version in Okoro.  I also hope for better efficiency on offense but that will have to come from improved guard play from existing players and the addition of a combo guard to be named later.  Also, next year it will be Yuri's team rather than Goodwin's.  Bully Ball won't be as prominent a feature.

For the NIT, however, Bully Ball is the order of the day.  The Founders are still here and it's what they do best.

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

We'll be replacing French with a taller version in Okoro.  I also hope for better efficiency on offense but that will have to come from improved guard play from existing players and the addition of a combo guard to be named later.  Also, next year it will be Yuri's team rather than Goodwin's.  Bully Ball won't be as prominent a feature.

For the NIT, however, Bully Ball is the order of the day.  The Founders are still here and it's what they do best.

-from my view we had many opportunities over the season to feed the post and the pass wasn't made, angle was good, our big had position and we just didn't throw it, given the amount of silly passes we made not sure why when the option is good to feed the post we wouldn't

Just got to listen to the announcers say that that Miss. St. is an alert upset and the team to beat on our side of the bracket. If we needed any bulletin board material, then this is it. Jalen Johnson reunion as well. Let’s get fired up Billiken Nation. Let’s show these guys what it means to fight a 100 year old fictious doll-god. Make it rain!!!!