GDT: NIT Selection Show

1 minute ago, SluSignGuy said:

Thanks for posting this link.  My impression from this though is that this does not mean the replacement teams HAVE to play in the NIT.

I just read through the NIT wikipedia page and I can't find any mention of mandatory participation in the NIT. I too have only ever heard of this on the board here. That's not to say it's not true, but I can't find mention of it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I didn't realize that auto bid teams who have to withdraw would get replaced by another team from their conference. That makes me feel like there is no way they get to the 3rd replacement team on the list 

Only if the auto bid team is the sole representative of that conference.  If GA Tech would be unable to play, they don’t get replaced by another ACC team. They get replaced by the top remaining replacement team.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Only if the auto bid team is the sole representative of that conference.  If GA Tech would be unable to play, they don’t get replaced by another ACC team. They get replaced by the top remaining replacement team.

That is better at least. My hopes are low mainly because a team like Virginia could have 2 positive tests on Tuesday and say they're gonna stay in and play short handed. Then on Wednesday they have 8 positives but it's too late to be replaced. I was thinking the smaller school teams would be more likely to drop out but now they're just replaced by another small school. 

So wait.  there will be teams that go into the bubble.  Play on March 17, the not play again until March 27 staying in that bubble?  Then they play March 27 and March 28.

Just do 3 games in 4 days or something and let these kids out of the bubble.