GDT: Selection Show

slufan13

9 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

Think they will be motivated to perform in not? I have heard team  underperform since they are so disappointed they did not make ncaa

They’ll be angry and want to prove the NCAA wrong. I think they can easily.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Never said he wouldn't but when a player finds themselves not playing as much as they want they often transfer and so who knows if that would not have been what could have happened.  

There isn’t a team in the country JGood wouldn’t get 30 mpg for

44 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Should've done the back to back weekend games.

Should the A10 Commissioner be fired?  Poor management of the schedule,  and ridiculous change of the A-10 tournament which not only kept us out of sight and out of mind selection weekend, but took away potential make up game opportunity.

billiken_roy likes this

23 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I see two truths about our season: COVID derailed our season and we were unable to get back on the tracks despite a few opportunities to do so.

I swear every time I told my buddies, “BIG game for us tonight on CBSSN/FS1/ESPN2” we would lose that game without fail, if not get outright embarrassed. Never stepped up when we needed to. I’m over whining about the NET. It’s on us/Covid/A10 scheduling. Rescheduling the league tournament was a disaster

7 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I think I’m with you in that this isn’t going to be cake walk some think.

Illini will be around a six point favorite in Vegas.  I think it is closer than that.  I am not saying Loyola is going to beat them, just that it has a decent chance to be a big upset game based on seed numbers.

32 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Wonder how Goodwin is feeling right now with Illinois getting a 1 seed while SLU is on the outside looking in.

I wonder how your feeling to make you post something like this when you have not posted in a long time.

I have no respect for posters that wait for something negative to happen then post nonsense like your post.

Strong post congratulations your on the same level Bonner89 you should be proud.

Now you can show me by bad posting me every post just like you did to Taj.

Just now, brianstl said:

So that moves us to number 2 on the replacement list correct?  Don’t you have to accept an NIT bid to be considered for a replacement team.

Bueller, anyone, have the answer?

1 minute ago, CBFan said:

I wonder how your feeling to make you post something like this when you have not posted in a long time.

I have no respect for posters that wait for something negative to happen then post nonsense like your post.

Strong post congratulations your on the same level Bonner89 you should be proud.

Now you can show me by bad posting me every post just like you did to Taj.

Lol, you have no respect for me? 🙄

I'm allowed to be disappointed in the results today, and I'm allowed to make snarky comments about the school I attended.

My guess is Joran regrets his decision to attend Saint Louis University just like I do. 😁

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Utter farce. SLU NET 43 > NCAA teams 45 Drake, 46 UCLA, 47 Mizzou, 48 VA Tech, 70 Mich. State, 72 Wichita St. That's 6 teams. Nuts & Bolts.

Why Mizzou ( a team we could beat any day) was given a free pass I don't know. They won like 2 games in the last month.  Michigan State we know what the deal is there.   Wichita is a farce. 

20 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I swear every time I told my buddies, “BIG game for us tonight on CBSSN/FS1/ESPN2” we would lose that game without fail, if not get outright embarrassed. Never stepped up when we needed to. I’m over whining about the NET. It’s on us/Covid/A10 scheduling. Rescheduling the league tournament was a disaster

This is true.  The dayton games... both of them. And then the VCU Valentine Massacre...

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Illini will be around a six point favorite in Vegas.  I think it is closer than that.  I am not saying Loyola is going to beat them, just that it has a decent chance to be a big upset game based on seed numbers.

Oh no I agree.  Loyola has been here before.  They know what it takes.  I think it will be a dog fight.

4 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

If Goodwin stayed one more year how would you celebrate?

Lol, it’s the only thing that will Heal how today played out.

Bummer.

I figured they were out but it still stings.

Honestly I’m not entirely sure I believe they deserved a bid.

This definitely reenforces my belief that the committee has no real method for picking teams. The pick and choose with different criteria for different teams.

If they aren’t going to use the metrics they created they need to get rid of them. 

Again, I’m not sure I believe the Bills had a good enough résumé. That said every year the tournament does a great job of showing me how screwed up the entire process is.

slufan13 likes this

13 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Why Mizzou ( a team we could beat any day) was given a free pass I don't know. They won like 2 games in the last month.  Michigan State we know what the deal is there.   Wichita is a farce. 

You're really grasping here. A bunch of quad 1 wins, including Illinois. They can be a bit Jeckyl and Hyde, but then so can we. We just don't have the resume, blame covid or the layoff or whatever. Now there are some teams in that I don't think should be (MI State is one), but i don't think we've necessarily been screwed.

The earliest UVA could leave quarantine is Thursday.  They shouldn’t be in the tournament.  You are going to have someone pop positive Wednesday and UVA is going to have to forfeit their game because of contact tracing means that the rest of the team has to stay in quarantine for another 5 days.