OT: Patino

billiCAN

That dude has been tied to scandals since his time with Hawaii in the 70’s.

I think the NCAA is at fault for even letting him be near college athletes.

I would not want him as the coach of my team and I wouldn’t want an AD who would consider hiring him.

To me Pitino is what is wrong with NCAA basketball. I  would be embarrassed if he was the coach of the Bills. 

billiken_roy likes this

8 hours ago, thetorch said:

Before we hired Romar, SLU reached out to Pitino and made a big offer. We were rebuffed.

Him, surprised because he was only in his second year as a Celtic coach then. As I recall the Celtics gave him practically everything but the USS Constitution anchored in Boston Harbor.  

Do recall they were very interested Kevin Stallings, then coach of Ill State. He rebuffed by saying he wanted major upgrades to the program. Also, Woolard did meet with Dave Bliss (which could have been a real disaster) at the Houston Airport and offered him the job.

JettFlight5 likes this

1 hour ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Him, surprised because he was only in his second year as a Celtic coach then. As I recall the Celtics gave him practically everything but the USS Constitution anchored in Boston Harbor.  

Do recall they were very interested Kevin Stallings, then coach of Ill State. He rebuffed by saying he wanted major upgrades to the program. Also, Woolard did meet with Dave Bliss (which could have been a real disaster) at the Houston Airport and offered him the job.

Dave Bliss would have been the worst case scenario. He allows players to kill their teammates.