What if you had to pick a new mascot

bbtds

Just a little history on this OP:

He is a Valpo fan, Valpo is changing their Crusader mascot due to pressure concerning the, alleged, less than ideal connotation that goes along with the term "crusader". He showed up when SLU first played valpo years ago and for some reason still pops in from time to time. It's weird to say the least.

1 hour ago, bbtds said:

If suddenly the SLU administration declared the Billiken offensive what new mascot would you pick?

I’d be more concerned that my school had to drop its law school, failed to sell/merge the law school, drop half of its athletics programs, defund the rest of them. All while playing in a high school gym and being on the verge of bankruptcy. Then I’d worry about a yellow and brown crusader. 

RUBillsFan and slufanskip like this

2 hours ago, bbtds said:

If suddenly the SLU administration declared the Billiken offensive what new mascot would you pick?

I had to look up whatever it is that Valpo uses for a mascot. And what do I find? It's Crusaders and you are dropping it. So...what are you doing here asking us about new mascot names? You can't think of one of your own?

21 minutes ago, WUH said:

And Riverwomen.

It did not work for UMSL so...

Reminds me of UMass. The women's team is the Minutewomen. I mean come on, some things just don't make sense used by both genders. (And I know the Riverwomen thing supposedly had sexual connotations, so not quite the same thing.)

WUH likes this