Ford’s House for Sale

4 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

I don’t begrudge anyone that makes a nice living. BUT, what gave the powers that be at SLU the idea Travis was going to evolve into more than what he was at UMass, OK State, W. Kentucky??? 
Here is a simple question to answer IF he is worth $1.2 million a year for what he’s done so far in his entire career, not just SLU....IF Villanova or Gonzaga, schools that SLU aspires, at least I hope aspires, to be....had job openings, would Travis be at the top of those AD’s list for head coach? No way. Plus, St. Bonnie coach probably makes half that salary, not a great location or even close to resources SLU has given Travis and he just waxed us yesterday. Think about that. I’m really glad the team got new locker rooms and painted the walls in arena hallways, that will be Travis’ biggest contribution to this program when all is said and done. 

Eastern Kentucky 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:24 PM, The Valley Sucks said:

Ford already bought another house in the area.

What is your source on this?

It seems odd for someone to sell a house like the one shown and move into another one in the same metro area.  Not saying that it means anything, but why would he move out of that house and go through all the trouble of selling it and moving into another home?

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

It seems odd for someone to sell a house like the one shown and move into another one in the same metro area.  Not saying that it means anything, but why would he move out of that house and go through all the trouble of selling it and moving into another home?

It’s true.

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

1) because the market is insane right now. 2) his youngest is what, like 16 or so now.  all the kids will likely be gone soon so might as well cash in. 

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I don't understand the question. People move within the same metro all the time.

The market is nuts right now, but one way to cash in is to downsize. If he can get anywhere near asking on this listing, he'll have made close to a million dollars since buying it. Then the fact he'd (presumably) be going down a decent size - no one needs 10,000 SF, but especially when you're in the process of becoming empty nesters. So then he's got all that additional equity from the old place plus a less expensive house, lower taxes, etc. and he just put himself in a nice situation. If he's already moved then he might be carrying two mortgages for a while, but still.

Old guy and Littlebill like this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

1) because the market is insane right now. 2) his youngest is what, like 16 or so now.  all the kids will likely be gone soon so might as well cash in. 

This. Based on Zillow's info (which may not be accurate at all) the house was purchased in 2016 for around $3.5M ($473/sq. ft. X 7,400 sq. ft.). If he can make close to a mil (gross) off of this why not sell? Also, as you said, Ford and his wife are only a few years away from being empty nesters.

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

This. Based on Zillow's info (which may not be accurate at all) the house was purchased in 2016 for around $3.5M ($473/sq. ft. X 7,400 sq. ft.). If he can make close to a mil (gross) off of this why not sell? Also, as you said, Ford and his wife are only a few years away from being empty nesters.

This is accurate, 3.5 was what he bought it for.   Dont think he's done much to the house either.  there will likely be a price drop soon, but He'll walk away close to a million up 

21 hours ago, Pistol said:

I don't understand the question. People move within the same metro all the time.

The market is nuts right now, but one way to cash in is to downsize. If he can get anywhere near asking on this listing, he'll have made close to a million dollars since buying it. Then the fact he'd (presumably) be going down a decent size - no one needs 10,000 SF, but especially when you're in the process of becoming empty nesters. So then he's got all that additional equity from the old place plus a less expensive house, lower taxes, etc. and he just put himself in a nice situation. If he's already moved then he might be carrying two mortgages for a while, but still.

Downsizing probably makes the most sense.  I know that people move, but I just see that house and say why would you want to move out of that house.  I don't know many people that would say, I think I'll move out of my home and into something different simply as an investment decision because the housing market is hot.

Ford might being doing what I did at The lake of the Ozarks.  I closed on a lakefront home but I still have my second tier home at the lake.

Moving stuff is so much easier from home to home if you can afford both places.  I look forward to getting rid of the other place but this was the first time in my life that I did not have to do the move stuff to storage sell a home buy a home move stuff from storage to the new place.

Ok ... Fine, I promised not to say, but the speculation is getting ridiculous. TF is opening up a home based business in his house. A barber shop/Axe throwing business called Close Shave. His current home is not zoned properly for the business. This needs to stay quiet until the big grand opening. So please don't tell anyone. 

12 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Ok ... Fine, I promised not to say, but the speculation is getting ridiculous. TF is opening up a home based business in his house. A barber shop/Axe throwing business called Close Shave. His current home is not zoned properly for the business. This needs to stay quiet until the big grand opening. So please don't tell anyone. 

is the barbershop where you "store" the monkeys?

C'mon guys --- I sold my four bedroom Colonial when my girls moved out and took the money, paid off the old mortgage and bought a golf course condo straight up.  All my bills are now self-inflicted ----- gas, electric, home owners fee, car gas, golf, cable.  This all makes retirement so easy.  I have no mortgage, no college loans, no wedding loans, no car payments.  All I do is watch basketball.  And drink 18-year-old Scotch.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

C'mon guys --- I sold my four bedroom Colonial when my girls moved out and took the money, paid off the old mortgage and bought a golf course condo straight up.  All my bills are now self-inflicted ----- gas, electric, home owners fee, car gas, golf, cable.  This all makes retirement so easy.  I have no mortgage, no college loans, no wedding loans, no car payments.  All I do is watch basketball.  And drink 18-year-old Scotch.

So your saying Ford is retiring?