I like this team next year.

6 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I don't get the belief that guys are going to get better just because another calendar year has turned over.  Who is going to develop TJ and Demarius to be good ballhandlers?  Who is going to develop Thatch and Hargrove's game?  Who is going to improve Jimmy Bell's poor game time outputs?  The same guy that improved Hasahn French's game?  Love Hasahn but he has been four years of the same player .... warrior, rebounder, call him what you want.  He still shot crap from outside five feet and was a terrible free throw shooter from Day One.  Who is going to teach Yuri how to make shots?  Who has gotten better over these last few seasons and showed massive change since they got here?  Bess became a better shooter but folks talked about him being in the gym at 6 am daily.  Goodwin improved his shot and FTs by shooting this past summer with his dad as I recall.  I want it to happen and I so believe it will happen but past practice hasn't shown me much so far.  

Let's go through some examples.  Goodwin got better each year that he was here.  He wasn't putting up double-doubles at the beginning like he is now and his shot is greatly improved.  I don't think that it is fair to blame the coaches for one player not improving, but credit a different players father for his obvious improvement.

Also, I think that French did improve each year, but sometimes a bad shooting touch cannot be fixed.

Hargrove couldn't even get on the court because he was so lost when he first arrived.  His improvement is directly connected to the coaching staff.  He is so much better defensively, his shot has improved, and his awareness in both the offense and defense is so much better.

I think we would have seen more obvious improvement from Thatch had he not had his medical issues.  That being said, he looks ready to turn the corner and be a major contributor next season.  Thank you coaches for helping with that.

Perkins had to transition from playing JUCO level guys to playing Division 1.  Remember his first semester of playing.  We were wondering if he would be a contributor.  You cannot attribute the improvement he saw just to him.

Again, you can't give the coaches all the blame for someone not developing and no credit when other players make improvement.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Let's go through some examples.  Goodwin got better each year that he was here.  He wasn't putting up double-doubles at the beginning like he is now and his shot is greatly improved.  I don't think that it is fair to blame the coaches for one player not improving, but credit a different players father for his obvious improvement.

Also, I think that French did improve each year, but sometimes a bad shooting touch cannot be fixed.

Hargrove couldn't even get on the court because he was so lost when he first arrived.  His improvement is directly connected to the coaching staff.  He is so much better defensively, his shot has improved, and his awareness in both the offense and defense is so much better.

I think we would have seen more obvious improvement from Thatch had he not had his medical issues.  That being said, he looks ready to turn the corner and be a major contributor next season.  Thank you coaches for helping with that.

Perkins had to transition from playing JUCO level guys to playing Division 1.  Remember his first semester of playing.  We were wondering if he would be a contributor.  You cannot attribute the improvement he saw just to him.

Again, you can't give the coaches all the blame for someone not developing and no credit when other players make improvement.

Always the coaches fault. If a player shoots 1/9 it's because the coach didn't have him prepared. Are you new to the board?