GDT: vs St. Bonaventure

3 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

“It was Covid!”
*Meanwhile team never adjusted and kept getting their shots blocked by the human stick

They definitely got beat tonight but they looks slow, sluggish, tired I have a hard time thinking Covid had no impact.

Especially after hearing Courtney Ramey talk about his experience with it.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The season is over I think and I want to say to those departing seniors thank you for the fun seasons and being part of the rebuild of the program.

I will be purchasing 2 extra seats next season and will distribute those seats located at 101 to friends family members, and Billiken.com posters that do not mind sitting next to my wife and I.

Be well all posters and wait until next year.

I’ll be surprised if we take the NIT, broadcasters were talking about earlier and with players not seen their families because of covid for such a long time most teams will probably bow out. 

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

That is likely a very valid point. 
There are claims it is not an excuse. Those claims are wrong. 
Isn’t this SLU’s first back to back days?

Unfortunately got covid and I, relatively young, have had tightness of breath for a month+. This year absolutely sucks, and it all started with a Florida player being put in a medically induced coma because of the virus causing heart problems.

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I’m afraid SLU is NIT bound. The blowout hurts. 

And we should accept it enthusiastically. If we refuse to play, it says a lot more about our team than this bad game does.

8 minutes ago, dlarry said:

They definitely got beat tonight but they looks slow, sluggish, tired I have a hard time thinking Covid had no impact.

Especially after hearing Courtney Ramey talk about his experience with it.

One man’s experience with covid is clearly not another’s.

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Here's something to think about, do you think JGood wants to go out like this? Likely his  worst game of the year. 

The thought that keeps playing on repeat in my head 

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. NIT is the ultimate loser tournament. And it couldn’t be more that than this year.

Bad post. You don't want to play? Give up, go home, stay there. Great players.. they play.

I remember the naysayers talking trash about the CBI. That team wanted to play and we had a great time. You either want to play or you don't. Non-players should sit at home and leave the players to compete.

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. NIT is the ultimate loser tournament. And it couldn’t be more that than this year.

Since the NCAA took over the NIT teams rarely turn down the NIT. I’m not even sure a team is allowed to turn down the NIT any longer. 
There are 20-22 NCAA at large bids that are not in the Top 50. 

Over these last years if French had developed a 10 to 15 foot jump shot, Osunniyi would have had to come out and cover him.  Perfect example of French not growing his game.  Now here comes Jimmy Bell.  Think he’ll be any better going forward?

Bills71 likes this

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Over these last years if French had developed a 10 to 15 foot jump shot, Osunniyi would have had to come out and cover him.  Perfect example of French not growing his game.  Now here comes Jimmy Bell.  Think he’ll be any better going forward?

No. Unless he becomes stronger, not in physical strength but physicality 

I don’t think Ford was outclassed in the game.  I think he was outclassed in the pregame.  Just what was the game plan?  Go at Osunniyi?  Get him in foul trouble?  Well if that wasn’t it what was it?  

Bills71 likes this

4 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Bad post. You don't want to play? Give up, go home, stay there. Great players.. they play.

I remember the naysayers talking trash about the CBI. That team wanted to play and we had a great time. You either want to play or you don't. Non-players should sit at home and leave the players to compete.

We clearly don’t have great players, and having great players is more reason not to play in the NIT. It’s not competition playing in a second rate tournament against other sub par teams. Move on.