GDT: vs St. Bonaventure

1 minute ago, ChiBilliken14 said:

It is clear COVID is impacting their ability to bounce back. The lack of effort today could just be exhaustion they can’t do anything about despite their best effort. Brutal way to end the season. 

Good post because I have no idea what the affects of Covid are with athletes and they look tired and there is no explanation for this mess.

Thank you for the explanation.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kills me is the last two times we played the same team we had no problem. Last year and this year. Now, they come in and flatly kick our arses. I guess that's why every game is a new game. This really hurts with this team. We were better than this. 

1 minute ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Don’t use Covid as a crutch. These are twenty year old athletic men. You don’t play well one day and the next and blame poor play as Covid. It’s just being used as a coping method imho

They got beat tonight no doubt. But I don’t think it’s a crutch.

Courtney Ramey was on 101.1 the other day and talked about how he still can’t go up stairs without getting winded.

It has lasting affects and I think we are seeing that.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This is going to sound like I’m making excuses and I don’t mean it that way....The Bonnies stomped the Bills tonight. That said I think Covid impacted this game.

Everything Ive heard is how it’s so hard to get back to 100 percent.

I just don’t think they had the legs for back to back games yet.

They looked exactly like the post Covid team. 
Couldn’t rebound, slow, no lose balls. 
The Bonnies worked us.

I just  don’t think they are 100 percent for back to back games.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. 

5 minutes ago, ChiBilliken14 said:

It is clear COVID is impacting their ability to bounce back. The lack of effort today could just be exhaustion they can’t do anything about despite their best effort. Brutal way to end the season. 

That is likely a very valid point. 
There are claims it is not an excuse. Those claims are wrong. 
Isn’t this SLU’s first back to back days?

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

He hit like 2 or 3 shots and airballed 2... Let's relax here he played enough for what he did. He hand checks everyone. 

I'd like to see them work Gibson coming off some screen and not always looking to shoot from the corner.

Just now, BigMouthBilliken said:

Don’t use Covid as a crutch. These are twenty year old athletic men. You don’t play well one day and the next and blame poor play as Covid. It’s just being used as a coping method imho

A staple of SLU basketball for years has been defense, being a blue collar type of team that grinds it out. Since our Covid pause there has been multiple games where we just don’t show up at all. This team is too talented and hard working to just all of a sudden start not showing up in games. This is more than just poor game planning imho

I was going to say Jimmy Bell can transfer now but that’s too mean.  But who is going to school him?  Tate?  Stuen?  He has shown no ability.  Last year we waited for 100 pounds to melt off.  What are we waiting for now?  Collins can’t shoot.  Jacobs MIA.  Bench rotations questionable. Jimerson limited with no offense designed for him.  No offense design at all.  Going to be a long offseason.

2 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Here’s to praying Schmitt takes the money and runs. 

Disagree. He’s good for the conference. Without him the bonnies are a bottom feeder and this conf cannot afford another sub 200 team