GDT: vs St. Bonaventure

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I agree with this there has been progress and I like Coach Ford but this team since returning from Covid has been a mess and every time I think they are fine then a game like this.

The people going after Ford have short memories and are comparing him to The Great One, Rickma. I remember the coaches we had in between Spoons and RM. Ford can recruit and make us competitive and entertaining every year.

1 minute ago, CBFan said:

I agree with this there has been progress and I like Coach Ford but this team since returning from Covid has been a mess and every time I think they are fine then a game like this.

It is clear COVID is impacting their ability to bounce back. The lack of effort today could just be exhaustion they can’t do anything about despite their best effort. Brutal way to end the season. 

2 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I think it can be said that other than Dayton (Toppin team obviously) COVID damaged SLU more than any other team in the country. We were rolling towards stealing an NCAA bid last year, and we all know about this year.

This is going to sound like I’m making excuses and I don’t mean it that way....The Bonnies stomped the Bills tonight. That said I think Covid impacted this game.

Everything Ive heard is how it’s so hard to get back to 100 percent.

I just don’t think they had the legs for back to back games yet.

They looked exactly like the post Covid team. 
Couldn’t rebound, slow, no lose balls. 
The Bonnies worked us.

I just  don’t think they are 100 percent for back to back games.

1 minute ago, ChiBilliken14 said:

It is clear COVID is impacting their ability to bounce back. The lack of effort today could just be exhaustion they can’t do anything about despite their best effort. Brutal way to end the season. 

Don’t use Covid as a crutch. These are twenty year old athletic men. You don’t play well one day and the next and blame poor play as Covid. It’s just being used as a coping method imho

AGB91 and MusicCityBilliken like this

1 minute ago, David King said:

I predict JGood and/or Has come back next year

When you go this Quiet in the biggest game of your career, and also last, you should come back. Not ready. 

4 minutes ago, Soderball said:

The people going after Ford have short memories and are comparing him to The Great One, Rickma. I remember the coaches we had in between Spoons and RM. Ford can recruit and make us competitive and entertaining every year.

That sounds fine and all, but you're judged by NCAA Tournament appearances in Midtown. 

I'll say it again, they better have Drake on speed dial.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Really? It took This long to call??

First time on the phone. Been listening at work.