GDT: vs UMass

9 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@Roy---agreeRoy---agree.  But he'll be nothing more than a journeyman.  He has height and will give you six extra fouls a game against a Joel Embiid.  He could be around for ten years.  Who has a better NBA future ---- Mitchell or Obi Toppin?

Mitchell, much better shooter.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, basebill123 said:

do we lead the nation in threes against with under 5 seconds on the shot clock?

Yes, with special emphasis on the shooter being 5 feet behind the arc when he launches it.

Reinert310 and basebill123 like this

Bills had 11 TO at the first Timeout of the 2nd half. Finished with 13. That was the key to holding off UMass after our shooting cooled down. 

Overall this was a great win. I would have liked TJ or Jacobs to get some confidence. Linßen, Has, Perkins, and Thatch are playing their best ball right now. 

Bills did what they had to do today with a surprise in that Yuri scored way more than his season average. Was that his career high at SLU. Gets tougher from here on out. Strong advice to our guys...do not leave it to the selection honks. Win the A-10 Tourney and enjoy selection Sunday!

5 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

I'd say bare "maximum." You never know what kind of shuffling will happen in the next 9 days, but our NET should get up to 36 or 38 after today, and beating Bona on a neutral court will get us in the top 35. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to win the finals, but I think a close loss to VCU on national TV would be enough. 

Win two more, and we don't need the committee's judgment. But this was a nice win.

This is the best and most talented SLU team of my entire fandom, which began in earnest in 1977, and goes all the way back to the Bob Polk-Harry Rogers days in the early 1970's.

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, Schasz said:

Bills did what they had to do today with a surprise in that Yuri scored way more than his season average. Was that his career high at SLU. Gets tougher from here on out. Strong advice to our guys...do not leave it to the selection honks. Win the A-10 Tourney and enjoy selection Sunday!

Great job by Yuri to make the defense pay for collapsing on French.  They were daring him to score.

1.229 points per possession. Gonzaga is #1 in the country at 1.206  We are 26th at 1.084

Defensively we are 32nd at .917   Memphis is #1 at .831

There aren't that many teams top 40 in both categories just by glancing I'd say less than 20 for sure. 

Feeling smug and happy after this game. Despite Trey Mitchell's scoring, the obvious bias of the refs and all, we won by a good margin. If this had been a close game the refs would have thrown it the opposite way, but it was NOT a close game.

I like this. Now onto St. Bona.

14 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Mitchell, much better shooter.

obi was a pretty good shooter last year.

33 minutes ago, willie said:

Who were the MBM’s who weren’t impressed. 

Yeah, he didn't play well on Monday, but I think that spoke to how well our bigs played against him, plus the refs let them play more on Monday than they did today. Mitchell damn near fouled out all of our bigs. He's very good.

17 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

obi was a pretty good shooter last year.

I dont remember Obi having any sort of mid range game, always felt like it was either a 3, or within 3 feet of the rim.