GDT: vs UMass

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Goodman is still high on the Billikens.  Was just on ESPNU radio on SXM and said the Billikens would have been a 4 or 5 seed without the shutdown.  Gave the Billikens -7 as his lock of the weekend along with Indiana St. -5.

Earlier he gave the impression that Schmidt is going to be leaving the Bonnies.

CBFan likes this

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Jeff Goodman is still high on the Billikens.  Was just on ESPNU radio on SXM and said the Billikens would have been a 4 or 5 seed without the shutdown.  Gave the Billikens -7 as his lock of the weekend along with Indiana St. -5.

Thanks for sharing. Factoring in the shutdown and two losses afterwards is something we've briefly discussed on the board but it's impossible to know how much, if at all, the selection committee will account for it. If it's truly a factor, we could be in much better shape than we think. 

48 minutes ago, brianstl said:

wow.   i thought maybe schmidt was a little bit like mark few.   he could have left before and didnt.   now has a nice group returning for next year and going to bail and head to boston?   i hope he is gonna get paid really well.  he's one of my favorite coaches in the A10

CBFan and brianstl like this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

wow.   i thought maybe schmidt was a little bit like mark few.   he could have left before and didnt.   now has a nice group returning for next year and going to bail and head to boston?   i hope he is gonna get paid really well.  he's one of my favorite coaches in the A10

I can't imagine he's going to leave for the worst job in the ACC by far with the worst pay by far.  The Bonnies should pay the man and keep him.  I think he's a great coach but he'll be lucky to last till the end of his contract at BC.

CBFan and billiken_roy like this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

Who knows how accurate Goodman is on this.  It could just be that Schmidt's agent is putting this out there for leverage to get him as much money as possible from the Bonnies.

billiken_roy likes this

imo while mitchell is their man.  the key to the game is fernandes  he was out of control in our game and caused more harm than good.  but you can see he is a player.   lightning fast and a pretty good shooter.   it appears yesterday by looking at the stats he was good.   we need monday's fernandes to show up today.  french will take care of defending the lane.   

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Schmidt is 58.  Time is running out for him to get a big pay day.

while true, one would think if he waited just one more year he would really cash in. 

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Who knows how accurate Goodman is on this.  It could just be that Schmidt's agent is putting this out there for leverage to get him as much money as possible from the Bonnies.

Goodman is pretty connected in the Boston scene but still seems like a bad move for Schmidt

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

The pregame show guys yesterday were calling for us to win the A10 tourney. Even Lunardi finally has us on the sheet as last 4 out. Just need to take care of business now.  Defending the 3 and shooting the 3 is going to be the key, again. 

Defend and rebound SLU will dominate again if they do that.

The depth or our team is starting to show again.  Jacobs and Jimerson struggling to hit 3’s the next men up have been Thatch and Hargrove.

Jacobs and Jimerson scoring is down Thatch and Hargrove’s are up.

French, the werewolf is back, Linssen is solid and Bell is contributing.

Collins and Goodwin’s assists are up.

Our team is in a good place now and should dominate and win out.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

I can't imagine he's going to leave for the worst job in the ACC by far with the worst pay by far.  The Bonnies should pay the man and keep him.  I think he's a great coach but he'll be lucky to last till the end of his contract at BC.

He is a BC graduate.  He played for the Eagles 81-85.  He is from that area.  Plenty of reasons for him to interview.  I do hope he stays with the Bonnies.

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He is a BC graduate.  He played for the Eagles 81-85.  He is from that area.  Plenty of reasons for him to interview.  I do hope he stays with the Bonnies.

The old school pull is a strong one. And I don't think BC is some dumpster fire. It would not take a guy like Schmidt too long to rebuild them into respectability. If I was St. B's I'd be worried unless BC folks have someone higher on their radar. I don't know who that would be at this point.