Floyd Irons.

willie

If you remember once Irons did quit as basketball coach to become prinicipal. This is maybe 7-8 years. His team was coming off a state final four (when isn't Vashon coming off a final four) and they started the season something awful like 4-8. He decided he wanted to coach again, took over the team and they immediately started winning again. Now their schedule may have gotten easier or whatever but to me that was his most impressive season. He proved to me that his coaching was a major reason for Vashon's success, and it wasn't necessarily the talent.

Floyd is a great coach that says and does some dumb things as well. Generally he doesn't duck anybody.(playing wise) He plays the race card when it isn't there, he pouts when his kids lose in playoffs and blames anything and anyone, except giving credit to the other team. He can be a bully and intimidates other area coaches.

His personality and comments aren't my style...but his success speaks for itself, and he has done a lot for a lot of kids. He wins. Period.

Let's face it, more times than not, he wins with non d-1 talent kids.