ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Xavier Pinson to LSU.

Edit: He announced his four finalists last week and LSU wasn't one of them.

He probably just mixed up the letters on his commitment: LSU/SLU. Happens all the time. But when he sees New Orleans on that plane ticket, he is going to be in shock. Just gonna have to ride this one out young man!

44 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Xavier Pinson to LSU.

Edit: He announced his four finalists last week and LSU wasn't one of them.

-that's funny, I wonder if it is a sign of funny business? although all of us know, Coach Wade wouldn't tread in those waters

Names of SLU interest in the portal, updated. Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Nate Reuvers is hiring an agent and going pro, Donavan Clay (Valpo) is going to Missouri State, Justin McKoy (Virginia) to UNC, Kyky Tandy is staying at Xavier, Jack Nunge (Iowa) is going to Xavier, Christian Brown (Georgia) to Tennessee State, Xavier Pinson (Mizzou) to LSU, Brendan Medley-Bacon (VCU) to McNeese State. They have been removed from the list.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
-John Bol Ajak (Syracuse) - Freshman, 4 Years
-Myles Baker (Central Connecticut State) - Junior, 3 Years
-Madut Akec (South Florida) - Junior, 3 Years
-Dudley Blackwell (Iowa State) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Kevin Easley (TCU) - Junior, 3 Years - Hearing from Bowling Green, Western Michigan, Portland, UC-Santa Barbara, UIC.

-Kobe Elvis (DePaul) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from VCU, Georgia, Iowa State, TCU, Colorado.
-Cam'Ron Fletcher (Kentucky) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Has heard from SLU, Mizzou, Florida State, Memphis, Georgetown, USC, UCLA, Loyola-Chicago, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Washington, Marquette, St. Mary's.
-Baylor Hebb (Loyola-Chicago) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-D.J. Horne (Illinois State) - Junior, 3 Years - Hearing from Davidson, VCU, Marquette, Nebraska, Colorado, Colorado State, Cal, Washington State, Iona, FGCU, Charlotte, UNCW, Murray State, Arizona State, Elon, New Mexico, USF, FIU, Ball State, East Carolina, NC A&T, Charleston, Northeastern.
-Jalen Johnson (Mississippi State) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
-Jamal Mashburn, Jr. (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Rumored to be following Pitino to New Mexico.
-Martice Mitchell (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Gethro Muscadin (Kansas) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from Rutgers, Penn State, New Mexico, UNLV, UTSA, Colorado State, Sam Houston State.
-Woody Newton (Syracuse) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Josh Nickelberry (Louisville) - Junior, 3 Years - Hearing from Indiana, Clemson, Grand Canyon, Boston College, Wichita State, Elon, Georgia State, Texas A&M, UNC-Wilmington. 
-Mickey Pearson (TCU) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Joseph Reece (Old Dominion) - Senior, 2 Years
-Jared Ridder (Missouri State) - Senior, 2 Years
-Deivon Smith (Mississippi State) - Freshman, 4 Years - Hearing from Seton Hall, Memphis, Georgia, Georgia Tech, TCU, Florida, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Penn State, UAB.
-Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years
-Torrence Watson (Mizzou) - Senior, 2 Years

Had SLU interest at some point:
-Ralph Bissainthe (Central Michigan) - Junior, 3 Years - Hearing from Ball State, Eastern Washington, Morehead State, Montana State, FAU, Sam Houston State, Stetson, and St. Peter's. Also open to returning to CMU.
-Lenell Henry (Prairie View A&M) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year - Hearing from IUPUI, Incarnate Word.
-Cooper Neese (Indiana State) - Senior, 2 Years
-Rashad Weekly-McDaniels (Central Michigan) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from JUCOs.

Others that have been contacted by SLU:
-Mason Madsen (Cincinnati) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from SLU, New Mexico, Iowa State, Loyola-Chicago, UNI, Toledo, Cal Poly, SIUC.

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

Phil Russell to SEMO - no surprise.

good move by Phil.   i wish him good luck. 

AGB91 likes this

13 hours ago, wgstl said:

Auburn just picked up walker kressler from unc. Former 5* 7’1 center 

only worthy of posting since we play auburn 

Kessler is the type of big who gave us problems this season.  I'm optimistic that with Okoro inside and hopefully a bit more outside shooting, we won't have as many issues against shot blockers.

Jayce Catchings is in the portal after a freshman season at UC-Irvine in which he barely played. He left CBC for Liberty HS in Wentzville (which always makes me laugh, given that the school opened in 2013 and could've been named anything but they picked a name that already belongs to another high school in the same state, which is named after the actual town it's in), then he prepped at Rancho Christian School in CA before ending up at UC-Irvine. I don't think he's a SLU-level prospect but found his path interesting because he could really fill it up back in his HS days.

I had mentioned another MO player the other day, Clay Gayman from Abilene Christian. He's transferring to Drury to be closer to home (he's from Nevada, MO).

Wyatt Yess has elected to stay at Yale. Local kid, but I don't think SLU would've been interested. He's been in the portal for a few months - the Ivy League didn't play this season.

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Wyatt Yess has elected to stay at Yale. Local kid, but I don't think SLU would've been interested. He's been in the portal for a few months - the Ivy League didn't play this season.

That's interesting.  I didn't think the Ivy League allowed grad students to participate in athletics and Yess was a senior this past season.

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

That's interesting.  I didn't think the Ivy League allowed grad students to participate in athletics and Yess was a senior this past season.

I’m guessing when the league decides not to play a season, they don’t count it against the players.

17 hours ago, Pistol said:

So it appears that the answer to Yess was no.

JMM28 likes this