Transfers - 2021

ACE

14 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

That's interesting, because I remember that first interview as well and RM talked about wanting to run quite a bit when he was here.  He launched into this crazy (mad scientist crazy) explanation about how he wanted us to cross over each other in a criss-cross style when running the break.  I watched for it and did not see us do that once during his coaching time here.  Also, I don't recall us fast breaking much at all when was here.  I'm not criticizing that we didn't, and I thought he was a tactical genius on the sidelines, but my point is that coaches say a lot of things.  When it comes down to winning or losing the game, that stuff goes out the window and you just do what you need to do to win.

I frankly don't care if Ford wants the team to run, or play bully ball, or press, or changes defenses constantly, or has a traditional point guard or point guard by committee.  All I care about is us winning.  If Ford does that, I'll be happy.

Rick’s teams got out an ran quite a bit when available. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Rick’s teams got out an ran quite a bit when available. 

We were one of the slowest-paced teams in the country every year under Rick. Rick’s fastest paced team was the 11-21 group which ranked 270 in the country in tempo. Although it didn’t feel that strange because we were so used to it under Soderberg.

By far the most up-tempo coach in recent Billiken history? You guessed it... Jim Crews

11 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Which one of you dorks is running a fake Carter account 💀

Me thinks it is Carter himself.  Now he is trying to draw attention to his April Fools joke nobody noticed until he tweeted about the account.  I am sure he was hoping it would have got posted on here right away, but he got tired of waiting after a half day for someone to post it.

53 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Me thinks it is Carter himself.  Now he is trying to draw attention to his April Fools joke nobody noticed until he tweeted about the account.  I am sure he was hoping it would have got posted on here right away, but he got tired of waiting after a half day for someone to post it.

The next time I learn something from Chapley Media will be the first time I learn something from Chapley Media, but he continues to dazzle us with all the Billiken "information" he has on page one of Billikens.com.

thatskablamo likes this

7 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Well actually it doesn't matter if French and Goodwin stay or leave.  Three seniors = Three scholarships no matter how many stay or leave.

Why would he think Perkins doesn't count by JGood and Has would? Random draw? How does he not know this, it's been discussed 456,394,211 times in the last 3 months by talking heads. 

Oops now 213