Transfers - 2021

ACE

15 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Preferably a person with one year of eligibility so that you can hit the reset button on that roster spot after the season. 

Yep, basically Rashed Anthony. A good practice player and team first guy. Help at practice and provide depth in case of injury or extreme foul trouble in a game.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yep, basically Rashed Anthony. A good practice player and team first guy. Help at practice and provide depth in case of injury or extreme foul trouble in a game.

I'd be shocked if foul trouble isn't an issue with our bigs.  Linssen was incredibly foul prone last season.  Okoro was not as bad as Linssen during his time at Oregon, but fouled more often than French.

Foul trouble won't necessarily be a problem every game and some teams may not be able to make us pay if we're in such a situation.  However, I'd rather not watch Hargrove, Strickland, or Lorentsson try to guard Osun Ward, Golden, etc.

I'm not expecting Shaq, but hoping for a big that's a little better than Rashed Anthony because I think there will be times that he is needed.

Four of the Bonnies five transfers remain unclaimed at this late date in August --- Okoli, Taggert, Shaw and Carpenter.  Those that have found homes have downgraded to lesser schools in lesser conferences.  Hofstra.  Robert Morris.  Pratt Community College.  Lindenwood.  Further proof that Schmidt gets five guys and has to ride them hard to survive.  Very curious to see how his Wake Forest and Pitt transfers work out with the intact returning starting five.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Four of the Bonnies five transfers remain unclaimed at this late date in August --- Okoli, Taggert, Shaw and Carpenter.  Those that have found homes have downgraded to lesser schools in lesser conferences.  Hofstra.  Robert Morris.  Pratt Community College.  Lindenwood.  Further proof that Schmidt gets five guys and has to ride them hard to survive.  Very curious to see how his Wake Forest and Pitt transfers work out with the intact returning starting five.

This year I think it's more proof that most of these average to below average mid major players had no business entering the portal.  A lateral move is no guarantee.  In today's oversaturated market you could easily end up at D2.

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This year I think it's more proof that most of these average to below average mid major players had no business entering the portal.  A lateral move is no guarantee.  In today's oversaturated market you could easily end up at D2.

I haven’t dug into the numbers, but on the surface level it seems a much higher percentage than normal of these kids are ending up at JUCO’s.