Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

There goes my extra scholarship idea for Phillip Russell.

Good luck and best wishes in your college career and thank you for the help Phillip.

Thanks for the information Littlebill.

almaman likes this

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

There goes my extra scholarship idea for Phillip Russell.

Good luck and best wishes in your college career and thank you for the help Phillip.

Thanks for the information Littlebill.

It's great if you can get a kid like that to walk on, we really needed him to get a few meaningful minutes in the URI game when both Yuri and Jacobs got hurt, but we can do better with that scholarship spot.

3 minutes ago, Slufan10 said:

We have to get Fletcher now. and we need to get another walk-on or two.

we have to?

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

I take offense to your revisionist history comment the posters that feel the way I do knew what the Billikens were rated we are on this site constantly and it was discussed.

It is just our opinion and how we felt based on how the team was playing at a high level.  That team had some problems in the middle of the conference season and had 2 head scratching losses to Duquesne.  As you said the team did not take advantage of opportunities and I agree.  However they got it together and won 5 and looked good doing it.  A win against Dayton would have resulted in a tournament bid not being on the bubble, Dayton was going to be a number 1 seed.

Same. Typical arrogance. Still having issues determining facts vs opinions I see.

Yes, it is always an uphill battle for a non-P5 team. No, I am not disputing stats or acting like our record was something different.  What was different, though, was that the A10 actually had maybe the top team in the country last year - UD.  When you beat the best - the normal rules don’t apply. Drake had a good year AND lost to a quality program - and got in. 
Say what you want about the P5 schools and how their average teams are overrated - but what they have in common is that they actually play the best schools, their RPIs reflect this and they get multiple opportunities to shine. And if they beat the best schools, or lose in double overtime, then the weight of the losses and the optics are far different for them than they are with the rest of the NCAA schools. 

CBFan likes this

On 4/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, ACE said:

Liam Robbins is on the move again. He is well traveled. Maybe an Iowa Hawkeye?

His uncle Ed (Conroy) was an assistant on Minnesota’s recent staff. They may (not a done deal yet for either one) be a packed deal to Vandy. 

'Recently, Fletcher talked with 247 Sports and listed the schools that have already contacted him.

“I heard from Florida State, USC, UCLA, Washington, St. Mary’s, San Diego State, Oklahoma State, Marquette, Georgetown, Memphis, Tennessee and Loyola Chicago,” said Fletcher.

Many are still linking his name with the Saint Louis Billikens. We will see if that idea gains any steam.'

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/3/16/22332903/camron-fletcher-kentucky-basketball-uk-wildcats-news

Older article but found it wierd they included the bills when they weren't in the quote. Think it would be awesome if we got him. Nesbitt talking about coming home and winning for Saint Louis... You never know. Anybody hearing anything?

Names of SLU interest in the portal, updated. Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech) picked Alabama. Jack Nunge (Iowa) is going to Xavier. They have been removed from the list.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
-John Bol Ajak (Syracuse) - Freshman, 4 Years
-Myles Baker (Central Connecticut State) - Junior, 3 Years
-Madut Akec (South Florida) - Junior, 3 Years
-Dudley Blackwell (Iowa State) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Christian Brown (Georgia) - Junior, 3 Years
-Kevin Easley (TCU) - Junior, 3 Years

-Kyler Edwards (Texas Tech) - Senior, 2 Years
-Kobe Elvis (DePaul) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from VCU, Georgia, Iowa State, TCU, Colorado.
-Cam'Ron Fletcher (Kentucky) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Has heard from SLU, Mizzou, Florida State, Memphis, Georgetown, USC, UCLA, Loyola-Chicago, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, San Diego State, Washington, Marquette, St. Mary's.
-Baylor Hebb (Loyola-Chicago) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-D.J. Horne (Illinois State) - Junior, 3 Years - Hearing from Davidson, Marquette, Nebraska, Colorado, FGCU, Charlotte, UNCW, Murray State, Arizona State, Elon, New Mexico, USF, East Carolina, NC A&T, Charleston, Northeastern.
-Jalen Johnson (Mississippi State) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
-Jamal Mashburn, Jr. (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Ismael Massoud (Wake Forest) - Junior, 3 Years
-Martice Mitchell (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Gethro Muscadin (Kansas) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from Rutgers, New Mexico, UNLV, UTSA, Colorado State, Sam Houston State.
-Woody Newton (Syracuse) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Josh Nickelberry (Louisville) - Junior, 3 Years
-Mickey Pearson (TCU) - Sophomore, 4 Years
-Joseph Reece (Old Dominion) - Senior, 2 Years
-Nate Reuvers (Wisconsin) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
-Jared Ridder (Missouri State) - Senior, 2 Years
-Deivon Smith (Mississippi State) - Freshman, 4 Years - Hearing from Seton Hall, Memphis, Georgia, Georgia Tech, TCU, Florida, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Penn State, UAB.
-Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years
-Torrence Watson (Mizzou) - Senior, 2 Years
-Wyatt Yess (Yale) - Grad Transfer, 1-2 Years (Yale didn't play this season)

Had SLU interest at some point:
-Ralph Bissainthe (Central Michigan) - Junior, 3 Years
-Lenell Henry (Prairie View A&M) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year - Hearing from IUPUI, Incarnate Word.
-Brendan Medley-Bacon (VCU) - Senior, 2 Years
-Cooper Neese (Indiana State) - Senior, 2 Years
-Rashad Weekly-McDaniels (Central Michigan) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from JUCOs.

Others that have been contacted by SLU:
-Mason Madsen (Cincinnati) - Sophomore, 4 Years - Hearing from SLU, New Mexico, Iowa State, Loyola-Chicago, UNI, Toledo, Cal Poly, SIUC.

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

Darius Beane is leaving NIU after two years; his freshman season was at SIUC, where his dad Anthony used to be an assistant. Anthony was a Soderberg assistant at SLU.

Jack Nunge (Iowa) is going to Xavier. Had SLU interest out of HS.

51 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Darius Beane is leaving NIU after two years; his freshman season was at SIUC, where his dad Anthony used to be an assistant. Anthony was a Soderberg assistant at SLU.

Jack Nunge (Iowa) is going to Xavier. Had SLU interest out of HS.

Anthony Jr was a pretty good player at SIU too

Pistol likes this

Kyky Tandy is staying at Xavier. That surprised me.

Justin McKoy becomes Hubert Davis' first recruit at UNC. He left UVA, had a UNC offer out of HS.

We already covered Donovan Clay to Missouri State.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:57 PM, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

'Recently, Fletcher talked with 247 Sports and listed the schools that have already contacted him.

“I heard from Florida State, USC, UCLA, Washington, St. Mary’s, San Diego State, Oklahoma State, Marquette, Georgetown, Memphis, Tennessee and Loyola Chicago,” said Fletcher.

Many are still linking his name with the Saint Louis Billikens. We will see if that idea gains any steam.'

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/3/16/22332903/camron-fletcher-kentucky-basketball-uk-wildcats-news

Older article but found it wierd they included the bills when they weren't in the quote. Think it would be awesome if we got him. Nesbitt talking about coming home and winning for Saint Louis... You never know. Anybody hearing anything?

SLU isn't in the mix