Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, willie said:

Steve should have a poll of how many MBM’s read the whole thing. I put the over under at around 20%. 

I just take the same approach to it that C-Tower does with his cholesterol....I know it's bad so I don't pay attention to it.

billikenbill likes this

2 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Last year we were going to be in the tournament if it wasn’t for covid 

50-50 at best.

31 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Last year we were going to be in the tournament if it wasn’t for covid 

Um no. An at large bid would have required a win over Dayton in the semi-finals of the A-10 tourney. As good as we were playing, that may have been a 20-30% likely event per Vegas. Not to mention the chance that we didn't win our first tourney game or that the committee still doesn't take us without winning the conference tourney. Its 20% at best.

We were 23-8, had good wins, were playing well/peaking and matched up well with UD. Unlike this year, the optics of a double OT loss to Dayton or even another close loss in the Semis would not have hurt us like this year. UD was to be a #1 seed. Top 5 nearly all year. I liked our chances and would have made money if those were the Vegas odds. 

43 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

We were 23-8, had good wins, were playing well/peaking and matched up well with UD. Unlike this year, the optics of a double OT loss to Dayton or even another close loss in the Semis would not have hurt us like this year. UD was to be a #1 seed. Top 5 nearly all year. I liked our chances and would have made money if those were the Vegas odds. 

100 percent agree plus ratings wise we should have been in this season then.

The last 10 games holds a lot of weight with the at large selection.

The team was on such a good roll I think they would have won the A10 tournament.  I watched them destroy VCU and handle the Bonnies at home the team was honed in.

Myles Baker is leaving Central Connecticut State after two years. Donyell Marshall was fired as HC last month. Baker was solid there but I don't think we'll pursue. Recruited and offered him in Whitney Young HS in Chicago.

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Some of you are engaging in serious revisionist history. We were rolling, yes, but our resume was weak. Our best win (per KenPom's numbers) was @ Richmond (#46). Our other top-100 wins were: neutral site vs. K State (#90), home vs. VCU (#73), and @ Rhode Island (#65). That's it. We finished the season ranked #62 per Ken Pom. We weren't a lock for the tourney even if we did beat Dayton in the semi-finals, which was far from a given.

Bizziken likes this

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

There was zero chance of us making the NCAA tournament with a loss to Dayton in the semi-finals. Zero.

BilliesBy40 and slufan13 like this

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Some of you are engaging in serious revisionist history. We were rolling, yes, but our resume was weak. Our best win (per KenPom's numbers) was @ Richmond (#46). Our other top-100 wins were: neutral site vs. K State (#90), home vs. VCU (#73), and @ Rhode Island (#65). That's it. We finished the season ranked #62 per Ken Pom. We weren't a lock for the tourney even if we did beat Dayton in the semi-finals, which was far from a given.

I think if this year taught us anything, it's that Kenpom and co doesn't matter and they pick "hot teams" when on the bubble. There is no doubt in my mind - not using "revisionist history" - that we were as hot as any billiken team I have ever seen and as any team at the end of last season... 5 games in a row with 10+ winning margins against VCU, Rhode Island, and Bonaventure (and two bottom feeders).

here's the big secret of filling up the at large teams of the ncaa tourney.   pick every p5 team with an over 500 overall record.  the few spots remaining give to the the 3-4 other mid majors that won their conference but blew it in the conf tourney.  done.  last year proved all the net, ken pon, rpi, rankings mean nothing.

dennis_w likes this

7 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I think if this year taught us anything, it's that Kenpom and co doesn't matter and they pick "hot teams" when on the bubble. There is no doubt in my mind - not using "revisionist history" - that we were as hot as any billiken team I have ever seen and as any team at the end of last season... 5 games in a row with 10+ winning margins against VCU, Rhode Island, and Bonaventure (and two bottom feeders).

Okay. That doesn't at all change the fact our resume was weak and we needed to beat Dayton in the A10 tourney to even be on the bubble. Do a 10 game lookback and let us know what you see. Hint: It includes one bad loss and a blowout loss to Duquesne. Also, FWIW, St. Bonaventure was a sub-100 team that season. The bottom line of the 19-20 season is we didn't take advantage of opportunities for big wins during out-of-conference play or against Dayton.

It's a shame this season played out like it did, because we actually capitalized on out-of-conference opportunities.

20 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Okay. That doesn't at all change the fact our resume was weak and we needed to beat Dayton in the A10 tourney to even be on the bubble. Do a 10 game lookback and let us know what you see. Hint: It includes one bad loss and a blowout loss to Duquesne. Also, FWIW, St. Bonaventure was a sub-100 team that season. The bottom line of the 19-20 season is we didn't take advantage of opportunities for big wins during out-of-conference play or against Dayton.

It's a shame this season played out like it did, because we actually capitalized on out-of-conference opportunities.

I take offense to your revisionist history comment the posters that feel the way I do knew what the Billikens were rated we are on this site constantly and it was discussed.

It is just our opinion and how we felt based on how the team was playing at a high level.  That team had some problems in the middle of the conference season and had 2 head scratching losses to Duquesne.  As you said the team did not take advantage of opportunities and I agree.  However they got it together and won 5 and looked good doing it.  A win against Dayton would have resulted in a tournament bid not being on the bubble, Dayton was going to be a number 1 seed.

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

100 percent agree plus ratings wise we should have been in this season then.

The last 10 games holds a lot of weight with the at large selection.

The team was on such a good roll I think they would have won the A10 tournament.  I watched them destroy VCU and handle the Bonnies at home the team was honed in.

If you go by on the last 3 weeks (6 games) or so, T-Rank had us as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the entire NCAA. We were rolling going into the A10 tournament. 

Feels like Ford teams usually get hot at the end of the year, but COVID got in the way of that this year

13 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I take offense to your revisionist history comment the posters that feel the way I do knew what the Billikens were rated we are on this site constantly and it was discussed.

It is just our opinion and how we felt based on how the team was playing at a high level.  That team had some problems in the middle of the conference season and had 2 head scratching losses to Duquesne.  As you said the team did not take advantage of opportunities and I agree.  However they got it together and won 5 and looked good doing it.  A win against Dayton would have resulted in a tournament bid not being on the bubble, Dayton was going to be a number 1 seed.

Fair enough. It sounds like we agree a win against Dayton would've been necessary. It's too bad we didn't get a third chance, because we were playing great. 

55 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

here's the big secret of filling up the at large teams of the ncaa tourney.   pick every p5 team with an over 500 overall record.  the few spots remaining give to the the 3-4 other mid majors that won their conference but blew it in the conf tourney.  done.  last year proved all the net, ken pon, rpi, rankings mean nothing.

Sprinkle in a few under .500 P5 teams and slim pickings remain. (See Michigan St & Maryland). 

billiken_roy likes this

17 hours ago, willie said:

Steve should have a poll of how many MBM’s read the whole thing. I put the over under at around 20%. 

When I see a PE master’s thesis here, I just skip it.  Give me facts & I’ll form my own opinions.  Not to say I won’t venture one from time to time 🧐🥸🏀🍷

TheA_Bomb likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

and the main characters had all had the mojo working @ the end to get to JGs only Big Dance appearance previously

im sure he wants to play and being behind yuri doesnt give you much hope for good minutes.   he'll be fine a lesser conference school.