Okoro 

Perkins 

nesbitt

Fred

yuri?

You serious? Guy is near the top in the nation in assists as a Sophomore 

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

You serious? Guy is near the top in the nation in assists as a Sophomore 

Sorry, the ? Was meant as does this look like the starting 5, wasnt towards yuri 

Wait...I thought the big news tonight was gonna be adding a new Chick-Fil-A location to the free throw promotion. Who’s this Nesbitt guy?

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I just hope he’s able to handle the step up in class. 

Not to throw cold water on this but literally the step up in class...as Memphis isn't known for academics.  Though we haven't had as many academic issues the last few years as we seemed to in the 90s and early 2000s.

Also if the guy had some attitude issues (not saying he did, I don't believe everything I hear) sometimes it's the situation not the person. 

Big time get, we needed this to help ease the loss of 2 really good players. Plus Nesbitt has years of eligibility 

Just now, JMM28 said:

Will this lead to anyone else on the roster entering the portal?

Remember, we still have 2 more open scholarships. We’re not done. A lot of stuff can happen between now and November. Crazy to think about.

1 minute ago, Slufan10 said:

We're getting Fletcher and Madsen, plus Goodwin and French are coming back along with Hightower.

Can you even imagine? We could go 15 deep. Holy crap.

37 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Okoro

PF to be named later

Perkins

Nesbitt

Yuri

+ Helluva bench

We play a 4 out.  Nesbitt, Thatch, or Perkins can guard any 4 in the A10.

Yuri

Nesbitt

Perkins

Thatch/Hargrove/Jimmerson

Okoro

slufanskip, RUBillsFan and Zink like this

58 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Not to throw cold water on this but literally the step up in class...as Memphis isn't known for academics.  Though we haven't had as many academic issues the last few years as we seemed to in the 90s and early 2000s.

Also if the guy had some attitude issues (not saying he did, I don't believe everything I hear) sometimes it's the situation not the person. 

Big time get, we needed this to help ease the loss of 2 really good players. Plus Nesbitt has years of eligibility 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Okoro

PF to be named later

Perkins

Nesbitt

Yuri

+ Helluva bench

I certainly wouldn’t complain if we got a PF but there’s a part of me that thinks those 4 with any one of Hargrove, Jimerson, or Fred could be electric. 

We have so many weapons that can legit run an offense. Obviously JG and HF are all time greats that got slu back on the map, but until JG established his shot later in his career they were pretty much take it to the rack and rebound guys (very effective at it though). All these dudes can flow with an offense and score however. Yes FT is more of a JG but he plays a much smaller role in the offense than JG did.

Wow I am thrilled. Time to get a few more and get to work TF!

7 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Let me preface this with saying I love Yuri Collins.  However, imagine this lineup on defense with their length and athleticism: Nesbitt, Strickland, Hargrove, Perkins, Okoro.

Doesn’t Nesbitt also play PG? I thought he had said that last night on the show. If so, that lineup is very possible 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, TheOne said:

Yes

I wasn't too optimistic until TheOne chimed in. He doesn't post very often, but he's really the only real insider on this board. When he posts, you have to listen.

Not landing McKissic was diappointing, but this is way better. I think Jordan is first recruit I recall to be un-tooled. Welcome home JN!

Littlebill likes this