Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

The timing of the Adam Miller departure at Illinois and the Nesbitt portal is certainly interesting 

12 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Or Jacobs departure?

I’m not saying either of you guys are wrong, but with the amount of names going in and out of the portal, it’s hard for me to believe any of them are actually directly connected. That doesn’t mean they’re not, but it’s just all so crazy right now, trying to connect all the dots almost seems like an exercise in futility at this point.

23 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m not saying either of you guys are wrong, but with the amount of names going in and out of the portal, it’s hard for me to believe any of them are actually directly connected. That doesn’t mean they’re not, but it’s just all so crazy right now, trying to connect all the dots almost seems like an exercise in futility at this point.

Sometimes there's news of local kids wanting to transfer way before they hit the portal 🤫

13 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Vol fans who are from TN cannot stand Penny so they are happy with any trouble with Memphis hoops team.

I agree with Vols fans for once. 
I loved him as a player but can’t since he started at Memphis.

26 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Sometimes there's news of local kids wanting to transfer way before they hit the portal 🤫

I always love your posts Coach! Keep up the great work!

I do not know whether Nebbitt wants to come back to St. Louis or not. What I know about Nesbitt is that when he chose Memphis he almost certainly had visions of playing enough to become a star there, as he was in High School. Then he found out it was not going to happen. Maybe he learned a lesson (there is always someone that is better than you really are), or he did not (he thinks he was cheated and did not get what he deserved). I think a lot of the early transfers (freshmen or sophs) may have this or a similar emotional conflict to deal with. I think we should try to take the ones that learned the truth and not the ones that feel cheated.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

I do not know whether Nebbitt wants to come back to St. Louis or not. What I know about Nesbitt is that when he chose Memphis he almost certainly had visions of playing enough to become a star there, as he was in High School. Then he found out it was not going to happen. Maybe he learned a lesson (there is always someone that is better than you really are), or he did not (he thinks he was cheated and did not get what he deserved). I think a lot of the early transfers (freshmen or sophs) may have this or a similar emotional conflict to deal with. I think we should try to take the ones that learned the truth and not the ones that feel cheated.

“Please enjoy my presentation: ‘How To Use A Lot Of Words Without Really Saying Anything’”

20 hours ago, Old guy said:

Nesbitt could easily and justifiably feel like he was lied to by Hardaway painting a picture of him being an instant "one and done" star. Also playing away from home may not have been all he thought it would be. It doesn't mean he can't still be a star or attain the NBA. But the reality is that the NBA, isn't likely in one year and may not happen at all. The vast majority of exceptional high-school bb players don't see the NBA. It is wise for players to seek there potential AND get the degree.

There are also advantages to becoming a home town hero, playing in front of friends and family, and playing on a team that has good chemistry.

I agree that we don't want spoiled young men, at the same time I dont expect a perfect path or consistency in the thoughts and actions of teenagers.

I think SLU and coach Ford offers a good path and place for young men to mature as players and men.

4 minutes ago, Fan Guy said:

Which school he would consider “home “ is what we have to worry about.

Here’s what he had to say about SLU last summer:

"That's just home. All of my family could see me play and it is family oriented. I know all of the players so that's great."

Daily bump. Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Cole Swider is going from Villanova to Syracuse. DaJuan Gordon is going from K-State to Mizzou. Elijah Joiner is going from Tulsa to Iona. Qudus Wahab is going from Georgetown to Maryland. All have been removed from the list.

Interestingly, Gabe Madsen is going to Utah. I guess he and Mason are indeed splitting up.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
John Bol Ajak (Syracuse) - Freshman, 4 Years
Madut Akec (South Florida) - Junior, 3 Years
Dudley Blackwell (Iowa State) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Christian Brown (Georgia) - Junior, 3 Years

Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Kyler Edwards (Texas Tech) - Senior, 2 Years
Kobe Elvis (DePaul) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Cam'Ron Fletcher (Kentucky) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Baylor Hebb (Loyola-Chicago) - Sophomore, 4 Years
D.J. Horne (Illinois State) - Junior, 3 Years
Jalen Johnson (Mississippi State) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Jamal Mashburn, Jr. (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Ismael Massoud (Wake Forest) - Junior, 3 Years
Justin McKoy (Virginia) - Junior, 3 Years
Martice Mitchell (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Gethro Muscadin (Kansas) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Jordan Nesbitt (Memphis) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Mickey Pearson (TCU) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Xavier Pinson (Mizzou) - Senior, 2 Years
Joseph Reece (Old Dominion) - Senior, 2 Years
Nate Reuvers (Wisconsin) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Kadary Richmond (Syracuse) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Jared Ridder (Missouri State) - Senior, 2 Years
Deivon Smith (Mississippi State) - Freshman, 4 Years
KyKy Tandy (Xavier) - Junior, 3 Years
Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years
Torrence Watson (Mizzou) - Senior, 2 Years
Wyatt Yess (Yale) - Grad Transfer, 1-2 Years (Yale didn't play this season)

Had SLU interest at some point:
Lenell Henry (Prairie View A&M) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Tray Hollowell (Wofford) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Brendan Medley-Bacon (VCU) - Senior, 2 Years
Cooper Neese (Indiana State) - Senior, 2 Years
Jack Nunge (Iowa) - Junior, 2-3 Years
Rashad Weekly-McDaniels (Central Michigan) - Sophomore, 4 Years

Others that have been contacted by SLU:
Donovan Clay (Valpo) - Junior, 3 Years
Mason Madsen (Cincinnati) - Sophomore, 4 Years

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

8 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Pitbull loading....

Agree, the one does not post much and is spot on this is exciting.

Time to find a couple bigs.