Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I forget we have new posters. When someone commits somewhere else, someone says " that's because we quit recruiting him"  Someone else will call him a tool. It's like Salinas and paystubs

Obviously if you're not coming to SLU you're a tool and it's only because we quit recruiting you. 

And probably never really offered.

11 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I'm confused. This team didn't make the tournament and (I'm assuming) is losing 30+ Goodwin minutes at guard. We can't find PT for Nesbitt? Wouldn't he immediately be 1B to Perkins? 

I'm not sure what Carter is talking about either.  The next couple days is all about interested coaches figuring out what went down in Memphis.  If this is just a case of a school bad-mouthing a kid as he goes out the door, then Nesbitt is still the same 6'6 matchup nightmare everyone thought he was.

Also if Porter goes to Oklahoma, Loyola is one less school to worry about for Mason Madsen's services.  His brother just committed to Utah by the way.

19 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

This is just me reading between the lines and drawing my own conclusions, so there’s a more than reasonable chance that I’ll end up being totally wrong, but this sounds a lot like Penny telling Nesbitt he was gonna be a 1-and-done. Nesbitt comes to campus early to get a head start. Penny’s not expecting that, and Nesbitt only plays 12 minutes. Now Nesbitt is thinking, “6 months ago, you told me I was good enough to be a 1-and-done, which is the main reason I chose Memphis, and now you can only find 12 minutes for me on an NIT team? WTF?” It’s sounds to me like a classic case of a kid having unrealistic expectations and a coach feeding those unrealistic expectations in order to get a commitment. And now the kid ends up getting screwed over. It’s sad.

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

This is just me reading between the lines and drawing my own conclusions, so there’s a more than reasonable chance that I’ll end up being totally wrong, but this sounds a lot like Penny telling Nesbitt he was gonna be a 1-and-done. Nesbitt comes to campus early to get a head start. Penny’s not expecting that, and Nesbitt only plays 12 minutes. Now Nesbitt is thinking, “6 months ago, you told me I was good enough to be a 1-and-done, which is the main reason I chose Memphis, and now you can only find 12 minutes for me on an NIT team? WTF?” It’s sounds to me like a classic case of a kid having unrealistic expectations and a coach feeding those unrealistic expectations in order to get a commitment. And now the kid ends up getting screwed over. It’s sad.

Four players this close together could mean Penny is about to get hit with violations.

6 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Possible but I doubt that’s exactly it. It’s not like Nesbitt could’ve enrolled early without Penny welcoming him to do so.

6 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Possible but I doubt that’s exactly it. It’s not like Nesbitt could’ve enrolled early without Penny welcoming him to do so.

I agree, but it could’ve been Penny making more promises he couldn’t keep and telling Nesbitt what he wanted. Especially if Nesbitt had already decided he was going to enroll early and Penny felt backed into a corner.

45 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Who is Christian Fowler? Is he a Memphis reporter? Sounds to me like he's saying there was a problem of some kind. 

Just now, Reinert310 said:

I agree, but it could’ve been Penny making more promises he couldn’t keep and telling Nesbitt what he wanted. Especially if Nesbitt had already decided he was going to enroll early and Penny felt backed into a corner.

I mean look how overcommitted Memphis was for next year before all these kids started transferring. They had to have a bunch of transfers because they didn’t have enough scholarships to go around. Penny seems like the kind of coach that does whatever he has to to get as many commitments as he can and worries about the consequences later.

7 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Who is Christian Fowler? Is he a Memphis reporter? Sounds to me like he's saying there was a problem of some kind. 

Define “problem”. Couldn’t the “problem” be that he was expecting to be a big time contributor from Day 1, based on promises that were made to him, and was inevitably pissed off when that didn’t happen. And now Memphis is trying to twist the narrative to say that Nesbitt is selfish and had unreasonable expectations?

Again, I don’t have any inside info here, but that’s just the impression I’m getting. I could totally be wrong, not trying to be argumentative.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

I didn't know we were involved.  He could be a small ball 4 for us just like he was at ETSU.  Then we could move Perkins to the 3.

He would fit nicely.  Kind of player we don’t have on the roster.  I hope it happens.

51 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I'm confused. This team didn't make the tournament and (I'm assuming) is losing 30+ Goodwin minutes at guard. We can't find PT for Nesbitt? Wouldn't he immediately be 1B to Perkins? 

He was also VERY wrong about the type of interest Brandon McKissic would receive. I wouldn’t really get too bothered by Carter’s player evaluation. 

34 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Define “problem”. Couldn’t the “problem” be that he was expecting to be a big time contributor from Day 1, based on promises that were made to him, and was inevitably pissed off when that didn’t happen. And now Memphis is trying to twist the narrative to say that Nesbitt is selfish and had unreasonable expectations?

Could be. I don't have any inside info nor am I saying there is a problem. Simply saying that's the way I interpret that article. it reads to me like he saying the player did something wrong. I'm not saying or insinuating he did. I have no idea.  It's why I asked if he was a Memphis reporter. If he was he may be trying to make Memphis out to look like it's all on the player and not Memphis. 

Reinert310 likes this

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Could be. I don't have any inside info nor am I saying there is a problem. Simply saying that's the way I interpret that article. it reads to me like he saying the player did something wrong. I'm not saying or insinuating he did. I have no idea.  It's why I asked if he was a Memphis reporter. If he was he may be trying to make Memphis out to look like it's all on the player and not Memphis. 

It being a story on 247, and I know Memphis has a fan board on 247, I was assuming he was a Memphis reporter, but that’s a good point. 

18 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

He is the “lead writer” for Memphis’ 247 site