Transfers - 2021

ACE

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Officially over 1000 names (1010 as I write this). The latest familiar to us is John Bol Ajak, redshirt freshman big from Syracuse. He barely played - showed up in 10 games, getting about 5 MPG in garbage time appearances.

A more intriguing Syracuse player and former SLU offer is in the portal: Kadary Richmond averaged 6.3 PPG, 3.1 APG, 2.6 RPG, and 1.6 SPG on 21 MPG. He's a combo guard with good size (6-5, 180) and plays hard both ways. He's not much of an outside shooter - 7-21 in 28 games - but I like the potential fit here. SLU was not a finalist for him the first time around but there's enough familiarity there with the offer.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Small sample size but in the few Mizzou games I watched this past year I think I saw Mark Smith take 20 shots and miss 20 shots. Clearly his FG% is higher than 0% but I wasn't impressed with the kid. He also appeared to whine a lot after missing a shot.

He's terrible.

Former SLU recruits in the transfer portal, updated (basically every day now). Current school in parentheses, followed by next year's class status and expected remaining eligibility, including COVID bonus year.

Had an offer from SLU at some point:
John Bol Ajak (Syracuse) - Freshman, 4 Years
Madut Akec (South Florida) - Junior, 3 Years
Dudley Blackwell (Iowa State) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Christian Brown (Georgia) - Junior, 3 Years

Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Michael Christmas (James Madison) - Junior, 3 Years
Cam'Ron Fletcher (Kentucky) - Sophomore, 4 Years
DaJuan Gordon (K-State) - Junior, 3 Years
Elijah Joiner (Tulsa) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Jamal Mashburn, Jr. (Minnesota) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Ismael Massoud (Wake Forest) - Junior, 3 Years
Markquis Nowell (Little Rock) - Senior, 2 Years
Mickey Pearson (TCU) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Xavier Pinson (Mizzou) - Senior, 2 Years
Joseph Reece (Old Dominion) - Senior, 2 Years
Nate Reuvers (Wisconsin) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Kadary Richmond (Syracuse) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Jared Ridder (Missouri State) - Senior, 2 Years
KyKy Tandy (Xavier) - Junior, 3 Years
Symir Torrence (Marquette) - Junior, 3 Years
Qudus Wahab (Georgetown) - Junior, 3 Years
Dallas Watson (Saint Peter's) - Senior, 2 Years
Aaron Wheeler (Purdue) - Senior, 2 Years
Keshawn Williams (Tulsa) - Freshman, 4 Years
Wyatt Yess (Yale) - Grad Transfer, 1-2 Years (Yale didn't play this season)

Had SLU interest at some point:
Lenell Henry (Prairie View A&M) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Tray Hollowell (Wofford) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year
Cooper Neese (Indiana State) - Senior, 2 Years
Rashad Weekly-McDaniels (Central Michigan) - Sophomore, 4 Years

Others that have been contacted by SLU:
Donovan Clay (Valpo) - Junior, 3 Years
Mason Madsen (Cincinnati) - Sophomore, 4 Years
Brandon McKissic (Kansas City) - Grad Transfer, 1 Year

There have been plenty of others contacted by SLU that I don't know about (yet), and possibly some names I've missed for offers/interest. Please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

Nimari Burnett is announcing his decision on 4/8. He's reportedly down to 7 schools - Illinois, USC, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Alabama, LSU, and Auburn - but I'll remove him from the list when it's official.

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Sounds like he'll be back. I guess Frank didn't ask him about his roommate, eh? Pretty sure Travis will welcome him back unless he's got someone special in his sights from the portal. What coach would turn down an all conference player.? Kind of a strange thing for him to say. 

I certainly didn't get the impression he would definitely be back, I think it's 50/50 of course, but the two positives... he didn't close the door on coming back and IF he comes back, it sounds like he would stay Team Blue.

Anyone spending time reading this thread is aware that there will be a LOT of transfers to choose from. It will be extremely interesting to see what players Ford manages to get.

And also from my point of view Covid is likely to be a major issue next season as well. Just think about how  these changes increase the complexity of a Coach's job to an insane level, as it was this season.

28 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Anyone spending time reading this thread is aware that there will be a LOT of transfers to choose from. It will be extremely interesting to see what players Ford manages to get.

And also from my point of view Covid is likely to be a major issue next season as well. Just think about how  these changes increase the complexity of a Coach's job to an insane level, as it was this season.

There will be a lot of them to choose from, but the biggest question of them all is: which ones will choose SLU?

someoneelse likes this

25 minutes ago, almaman said:

and none from here!?

So Goodwin probably coming back.  French may too.  Apparently no current Billiken is leaving and we are fishing in transfer pool.  

Looking forward to seeing which of our 15 players get on the floor next year :D

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

So Goodwin probably coming back.  French may too.  Apparently no current Billiken is leaving and we are fishing in transfer pool.  

Looking forward to seeing which of our 15 players get on the floor next year :D

What makes you think French may come back? I still think Goodwin is less than 50%, but it did go up today.