Transfers - 2021

ACE

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Weber continues to amaze me.  How does he pull in these players?

Small sample size but in the few Mizzou games I watched this past year I think I saw Mark Smith take 20 shots and miss 20 shots. Clearly his FG% is higher than 0% but I wasn't impressed with the kid. He also appeared to whine a lot after missing a shot.

billiken_roy likes this

Bamisele played in 13 of 22 games and threw down 3.5 ppg.  Geedubya will be the new Rhode Island .. cobbling transfer pieces together trying to put a cohesive outfit out there.  And when it's all said and done, Bishop will take the shot.  

Braxton Beverly from NC State in the portal. Played a pretty good game against us. He's from Kentucky, so perhaps Travis has some connection. Good 3-point shooter and good assist/TO ratio so he could fit as that secondary playmaker. A pretty productive player for four years going from the ACC to the A10 could be a really good fit. It's worth reaching out to him to see if there is interest.

39 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Weber continues to amaze me.  How does he pull in these players?

I don't see what is so amazing about this. Every time I've seen Smith play, going back to his time at Illinois, I have not been impressed. I think he landed at the right program.

billiken_roy likes this

34 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

KState is a high major school that is beating out high mid-majors for players.  Throw a parade.

exactly, he was better suited for a final year at a MO state or SIU

Littlebill likes this

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I don't see what is so amazing about this. Every time I've seen Smith play, going back to his time at Illinois, I have not been impressed. I think he landed at the right program.

He had one year, in the middle of his 4 years, that was excellent. The rest, yikes. That year he shot 45% from 3, 44% FG, 77% FT. 

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He had one year, in the middle of his 4 years, that was excellent. The rest, yikes. That year he shot 45% from 3, 44% FG, 77% FT. 

He also only played 2/3rds of a season that year. He's a score first guard who is a career 38% shooter. He also got worse every year. Maybe if he gets some confidence back he could be an asset off the bench at K-State for a year. but that's probably his ceiling in my mind.

42 minutes ago, ACE said:

i agree i saw smith a lot in high school and never understood the buzz.   seemed like a straight ahead player.   reminded me of john redden, who was an ok backup in the day for the billikens.   i was actually holding my breath we didnt try to get him.   glad we are looking elsewhere.  

52 minutes ago, ACE said:

Braxton Beverly from NC State in the portal. Played a pretty good game against us. He's from Kentucky, so perhaps Travis has some connection. Good 3-point shooter and good assist/TO ratio so he could fit as that secondary playmaker. A pretty productive player for four years going from the ACC to the A10 could be a really good fit. It's worth reaching out to him to see if there is interest.

going to Eastern Kentucky

25 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree i saw smith a lot in high school and never understood the buzz.   seemed like a straight ahead player.   reminded me of john redden, who was an ok backup in the day for the billikens.   i was actually holding my breath we didnt try to get him.   glad we are looking elsewhere.  

I really followed Edwardsville (coached baseball there  as an assistant for 4 years)...he blew up quick, but how much of that was coaching a system around him? 

Just now, JettFlight5 said:

I really followed Edwardsville (coached baseball there  as an assistant for 4 years)...he blew up quick, but how much of that was coaching a system around him? 

imo smith's success was really connected to the kid AJ Epenesa, who went on to become an all american defensive lineman at iowa.   Epenesa was such an incredible athlete and so physically strong, opponents spent so much time containing him and left smith one on one.   

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

imo smith's success was really connected to the kid AJ Epenesa, who went on to become an all american defensive lineman at iowa.   Epenesa was such an incredible athlete and so physically strong, opponents spent so much time containing him and left smith one on one.   

So much Adrian Clayborn in this post

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I was going to post the same thing.  Epenessa would have been an outstanding college basketball player.  

6 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Goodwin is on Frank’s show right now. He said he will meet with agents to see what his chances are of going pro. If they say he will benefit from playing another year in college, he will come back to SLU as long as Ford will let him.

There aren't too many agents that will under-sell his pro potential....they don't get paid if he's still playing college ball. 

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I was going to post the same thing.  Epenessa would have been an outstanding college basketball player.  

he probably routinely beat garza one on one in the summer.  😄

brianstl likes this

18 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Goodwin is on Frank’s show right now. He said he will meet with agents to see what his chances are of going pro. If they say he will benefit from playing another year in college, he will come back to SLU as long as Ford will let him.

Sounds like he'll be back. I guess Frank didn't ask him about his roommate, eh? Pretty sure Travis will welcome him back unless he's got someone special in his sights from the portal. What coach would turn down an all conference player.? Kind of a strange thing for him to say. 

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Sounds like he'll be back. I guess Frank didn't ask him about his roommate, eh? Pretty sure Travis will welcome him back unless he's got someone special in his sights from the portal. What coach would turn down an all conference player.? Kind of a strange thing for him to say. 

I'm sure Jordan said it in jest about Ford wanting him.

Also, going pro does not necessarily mean NBA. If an agent says I think you can sign in Europe and make six figures he'll be gone. This conversation with Frank is undoubtedly good news, but I'm no where near "sounds like he'll be back" stage.

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He said he’s meeting with Ford today. I’m sure his future will be discussed and I bet Ford will welcome him back with open arms. He was asked about French as well. He said they haven‘t talked much lately and he’s not sure what he plans to do.