Transfers - 2021

ACE

Just now, Pistol said:

Yeah, I have him on the former offers list.

Oh gotcha my bad. Do we know of any others that SLU has definitely been in contact with other than the three you have listed plus Pinson?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, NH said:

Oh gotcha my bad. Do we know of any others that SLU has definitely been in contact with other than the three you have listed plus Pinson?

Coach Tate texted me last Thursday. I told him that the Billikens will ALWAYS be number 1 in my heart, but I’m holding out for a team that can offer a 36 year old sniper with a vertical of both feet coming off the ground at the same time and a beer gut that rivals Ryan Daly’s more minutes than the Billikens can. 🤞

18 minutes ago, NH said:

Almost certainly, but I haven't been able to confirm yet. Doing more digging this afternoon.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Almost certainly, but I haven't been able to confirm yet. Doing more digging this afternoon.

I forgot that Cam Fletcher outreach had also been confirmed. So the five I am aware of are McKissic, Fletcher, Madsen, Pinson and I guess Clay.

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

I really really like Madsen... his high school highlight tape is quite something. Seems to be a sharp shooter that is also pretty hard-nosed/plays with some swagger. He would be a four year guy that every a10 team would hate once he leaves.

Reminds me of a 6'6" Rotnei Clarke... Hated him with a passion but my goodness it would have been fun to have him on our team.

1 hour ago, A10Ref said:

also, there are two madsen's transferring out of cinci... are we on both?

Unclear. They're twin brothers and I haven't seen whether they intend to go to the same place again.

Kimbrough committed to Hartford. They could go from their first ever NCAAT appearance to repeating! Although Vermont appears to be bringing everyone back so they'll be the favorites in that conference again.

Rocket Watts from Michigan State is in. Not someone SLU recruited before but he's going to be a nice pickup for whoever lands him.

Saw that Clay Gayman from Abilene Christian is in the portal. He's from Nevada, MO - SLU never offered but he was a regional kid I was keeping an eye on back when he was a recruit. Solid role player there (8.2 PPG) but he'd probably move further down the bench at SLU.

30 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Kimbrough committed to Hartford. They could go from their first ever NCAAT appearance to repeating! Although Vermont appears to be bringing everyone back so they'll be the favorites in that conference again.

Rocket Watts from Michigan State is in. Not someone SLU recruited before but he's going to be a nice pickup for whoever lands him.

Saw that Clay Gayman from Abilene Christian is in the portal. He's from Nevada, MO - SLU never offered but he was a regional kid I was keeping an eye on back when he was a recruit. Solid role player there (8.2 PPG) but he'd probably move further down the bench at SLU.

Rocket Watts?  Someone page  @Box and Won STAT!

On 3/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, TheChosenOne said:

Am I the only one who would not have much interest in Verge? And is he in the portal? Again, just hold off until dudes are in the transfer portal.

I want to go on the record as saying I no longer endorse the above statement. After some folks disagreed I looked into the game logs for Arizona State to find I really caught some of his off nights. It looks like Verge is kind of a hot or cold player, but there is no doubt he can score it. I apologize for the unnecessary negativity, I will learn from this and be better in the future.

Pistol likes this

On 3/28/2021 at 5:11 AM, Reinert310 said:

He went to an Elite 8 with 2 kids from St. Louis and a kid from Kansas City. Yes, the last 2 years have been bad. But if you actually paid attention this year (I did because 1 of my best friends is a big K-State guy), they were playing significantly better basketball the 2nd half of the season. Again, I’m a Billikens fan 1st and foremost. I want what’s best for our team. But saying that all K-State has done with local players is lose, or that they aren’t a threat to us in recruiting, is just not accurate.

And that team lost to Loyola with a trip to the Final Four on the line.

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I want to go on the record as saying I no longer endorse the above statement. After some folks disagreed I looked into the game logs for Arizona State to find I really caught some of his off nights. It looks like Verge is kind of a hot or cold player, but there is no doubt he can score it. I apologize for the unnecessary negativity, I will learn from this and be better in the future.

Well, Tramaine Isabell worked out alright.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Vermont starting guard Stef Smith is transferring to St. John’s, so not sure if they’ll be the favorites again.

Officially over 1000 names (1010 as I write this). The latest familiar to us is John Bol Ajak, redshirt freshman big from Syracuse. He barely played - showed up in 10 games, getting about 5 MPG in garbage time appearances.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, johnbj14 said:

He has nothing to gain from staying at TCU. He did not play his first year there, and in the second year (this season), he played good minutes in a few games, achieved next to nothing and spent the rest of the season sitting on the bench. Of course he wants to transfer, it is the only way he may get to play. As you all know I wish him all the worst and hope his performance wherever he goes is not better than at TCU.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

He has nothing to gain from staying at TCU. He did not play his first year there, and in the second year (this season), he played good minutes in a few games, achieved next to nothing and spent the rest of the season sitting on the bench. Of course he wants to transfer, it is the only way he may get to play. As you all know I wish him all the worst and hope his performance wherever he goes is not better than at TCU.

I would wish him the best.  Sounds like he did us a favor not coming here.