Transfers - 2021

ACE

1 minute ago, NH said:

Likely unsurprising but SLU has reached out to Xavier Pinson.

I kinda want this to happen, just to watch Tigerboard explode. Can you even imagine all the “little brother”, “mid-major”, “A10 is a cupcake league”, “we make so much more money from SEC Network” takes that would flood that board? My God, it would be beautiful!

Fan Guy likes this

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Forget about Ramey...he is not coming here. He would be a great get but has he really lived up to his expectations at Texas?

Ramey is a good player. I assumed he was not looking at SLU because he wanted the big time. Mizzou was his safety school. I also remember reading  that he wanted to avoid C. Gordon as a teammate, which seems a lot more reasonable in retrospect. Maybe now we are more of a fit as a safety school. That said, Collins is our point guard.

12 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Forget about Ramey...he is not coming here. He would be a great get but has he really lived up to his expectations at Texas?

I would say it depends on what your expectations were.  If you expected him to be an All-American? No.  If you expected him to show like a kid that was just inside the top 50 recruits? That is pretty much what you got from him this season.

BilliesBy40 likes this

I put it in the Coaches thread but in 2014 Marquette and Shaka were very close to being a thing. Some would even say they had an agreement that fell through. 

As far as Ramey and Texas and transfers, Ramey can defend, has 6'4 length, and Shaka's teams had top 40 defenses often/annually. 

15 minutes ago, courtside said:

I put it in the Coaches thread but in 2014 Marquette and Shaka were very close to being a thing. Some would even say they had an agreement that fell through. 

As far as Ramey and Texas and transfers, Ramey can defend, has 6'4 length, and Shaka's teams had top 40 defenses often/annually. 

With free agency hitting players, it'll be interesting to see how many players simply follow their coaches to their new destination. Don't know if that fits Ramey at all, but I bet its pretty common going forward.

45 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

He was forced out.  Underperforms year after year, finally gets a team to play to its talent level, then loses to a low-major team from the state of Texas in Round 1 of the tournament.

Tom Herman went 4-0 in Bowl games and that includes a Sugar Bowl win and was forced out. Chris del Conte doesn’t play. 

24 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Marquette troll 😝

Its funny - SLU has been in the a10 15 or so years now, so the Marquette hate from the CUSA days is totally generational. I was 12 when SLU moved conferences, so I don't really have any disdain there, but I know for a fact there are some older guys on here who lived through trolls from Marquette, Cincy, and co instead of the indians guy from Bona and the one loser from VCU

23 minutes ago, courtside said:

If Ramey leaves, he can pick any school in the country he wants to go to.

slufanskip likes this

44 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Ramey is a good player. I assumed he was not looking at SLU because he wanted the big time. Mizzou was his safety school. I also remember reading  that he wanted to avoid C. Gordon as a teammate, which seems a lot more reasonable in retrospect. Maybe now we are more of a fit as a safety school. That said, Collins is our point guard.

well i have a lot more respect for mr ramey after reading that.

I heard from someone who I think has credible information, but I can’t guarantee it, that Ramey and his family are big Adidas people. No, I’m not implying that he got paid (he may have, I have no idea). But us being a Nike school took us out of the running right off the bat. Again, this is 2nd/3rd hand info. So you can take it or leave, just what I heard.

6 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I heard from someone who I think has credible information, but I can’t guarantee it, that Ramey and his family are big Adidas people. No, I’m not implying that he got paid (he may have, I have no idea). But us being a Nike school took us out of the running right off the bat. Again, this is 2nd/3rd hand info. So you can take it or leave, just what I heard.

My family were Thom Mcan people.

willie and Billikenbooster like this

17 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Frank C mentioned our old friend Alonzo Verge is transferring and would be a favorable target. Not sure if we reached out yet. Averaged 14, 4 & 4 for a bad ASU team.

I missed that part, but Coach Tate was on Frank’s show today and said they are definitely bringing in three players regardless if Goodwin or French stay or not.